Typhon Add a new transmitter and Receiver - how to? DumboRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey guys

looking for some help. Just bought a dumborc to connect to my typhon 6s and I’m really struggling to figure out how to set the thing up. Had a look on YouTube. It can’t see anything specific to Arrma. The instructions in the manual are a mess!

I know how to remove the visiting receiver and thread the aerial wire etc it more the actual binding and setup to use the radio.

Looking for help on how to bind to receiver to transmitter, what ports do I put the servo and throttle cables. Do I need to change settings on esc for fail safe etc?

I am a newbie so any help appreciated and sorry if I am wasting peoples time.

One to turn, two to burn, black or brown wire on the outside of the receiver. Always.
Binding depends on the Rx/Tx so read the fine manual (if provided) or google it for DumboRC.
I suggest you disconnect the motor wires before doing anything, you don't want your buggy going full throttle into something or someone :)

Once the Tx is bound to the Rx (it may already be bound from the factory), recalibrate the ESC to the new radio, explained in the manual and on the forum many times.

Connect motor and blast away!

Like nino said, it may already be bound. Mine was. Get it all moved over first. Also before you pull everything do it one slot at a time. Pull steering then plug that into the new receiver then go back and pull throttle and move that to the new esc. Keeps you from having a rats nest and needing to trace wires. Below are some tips that helped me out.

How to bind the DumboRC transmitter to the Receiver:
1: connect the receiver to power:
1a: +5 volts (red wire) goes to any middle pin
1b: -5volts (black wire) to any pin close to the receiver's edge (farthest from the antenna)
2: Turn on the transmitter.
3: To bind the receiver, find the tiny black button in the hole next to the antenna. Use a paperclip to hold the button down for 1 or 2 seconds. 3a: The green LED should blink for a few seconds while it binds to the transmitter. Then the LED should be steady.

How to turn on and off the DumboRC receiver gyro:
1) connect the receiver to power. The green LED should be lit.
2) with a paperclip, push the little button next to the antenna three times in quick succession.
3) The red LED should blink and then remain on -- meaning that the gyro is activated (both red and green LEDs will be lit)
4) Again, push the button three times, and the red LED will turn off - disabling the gyro.
5) It's important that the receiver be mounted horizontally on your car -- I had mounted the receiver vertically, and did not detect any gyro action when steering.

Here's how to get into settings mode (for the "upgraded" version):
1: turn off the transmitter.
2: pull the throttle/trigger all the way backwards (against the handle-stop).
3: twist the steering wheel full counterclockwise.
4: with the trigger backwards and steering ccw, turn on the power.
5: let go of the steering wheel and throttle/trigger.
6: push the Channel 3 button (below the trigger)
7: the top light should start blinking.
8: now, with the light blinking, reset the neutral position of trigger and steering:
8a: twist the steering full cw, then full ccw, then let go
8b: pull the trigger full backwards, full forwards, then let go.
8c: turn off the power switch.

You must do steps 8a, 8b, and 8c, or else your RC model may not drive backwards, or may not go forwards!

How to set the direction, zero point, and sensitivity for the throttle and the steering:

Open the top cover to find two slide switches, and four knobs. The left switch and 2 left knobs are for steering. The right hand switch and 2 right knobs are for throttle.

Set the top left switch for either normal or reverse steering. (really, changes the direction of the steering wheel). Set the middle-left knob for the zero-point of steering (just point its arrow straight up at first). Set the lower-left knob for the steering limits (start with it pointing straight up, adjust as you please)

Set the top right switch for either normal or reverse throttle (just changes what happens when you push or pull the finger-trigger). Set the middle-right knob so that your model does not move when the trigger is in the neutral position. Set the bottom-right knob to control the speed limit of the trigger.

You can change between ordinary throttle-steering to mixed steering-throttle ("dual-motors" or "tank" or "v-tail").

Normal steering mode means the finger-trigger will control one servo for the speed. The steering wheel will control a second servo which turns the steering mechanism.

Mixed steering mode is for a model with two motors - a one motor driving the left side of the model and motor on the right side (think of a military tank). With mixed mode, the finger-trigger controls the speed of the model, and the steering wheel controls the speed difference between the left and right motors.

To change from normal to mixed steering mode, do this:
1: turn off the transmitter.
2: pull the throttle/trigger all the way forward (towards the front of the transmitter).
3: twist the steering wheel full clockwise.
4: with the trigger frontwards and steering CW, turn on the power.
4a: the LED on top should blink red-blue.
5: let go of the steering wheel and throttle/trigger.
6: pull the trigger all the way backwards (against the handle-stop)
6a: the top LED should change to solid color:
6b: if the LED is blue, then you have normal steering
6c: if the LED is red, then you have mix steering ("tank" or "v-tail")
7: set the top switches:
top left switch is steering normal/reverse
top right switch is throttle/trigger normal/reverse
8: set the steering & throttle

Thanks so much for the info guys. Much appreciated! ???.

I’m going to give this a go later and see if I can get it all up and running.

When I turn on my gyro the car becomes uncontrollable. anyone else experience this. running a typhon 3s with 25kg servo. When I pick the car up and wobble it counter balances like it should but on the road it seems to make me turn when i don't want to

When I turn on my gyro the car becomes uncontrollable. anyone else experience this. running a typhon 3s with 25kg servo. When I pick the car up and wobble it counter balances like it should but on the road it seems to make me turn when i don't want to
Yep that’s what a gyro does for me too. It corrects one way then overcorrects the other and so on. I call it the tank knocker effect.

Yep that’s what a gyro does for me too. It corrects one way then overcorrects the other and so on. I call it the tank knocker effect.
ok thanks, I thought I was doing something wrong, seems 25 to 50% is cool but over that and its not fun. atleast on asphalt. have not tried it on dirt yet

ok thanks, I thought I was doing something wrong, seems 25 to 50% is cool but over that and its not fun. atleast on asphalt. have not tried it on dirt yet
Mine does that tank slapper effect over 20% and doesn’t seem to anything under 20% ???‍♂️

I think your assessment is correct. 25 to 50 is still a struggle. I have to turn steering dual rate down to like 25%. so yea under 20 does nothing and over 20 out of control....well I like the controller for other reasons
I even tried three brands of gyros and all had the same effect. I really wanted it to work for speed runs too.

Mine does that tank slapper effect over 20% and doesn’t seem to anything under 20% ???‍♂️
figured it out. it you push the button on the receiver twice it reverses the configuration. now mine works perfect. so once you are in gyro mode....if wheels don't turn opposite of the direction the move the car press the small button on receiver two times. it will blink and be corrected

figured it out. it you push the button on the receiver twice it reverses the configuration. now mine works perfect. so once you are in gyro mode....if wheels don't turn opposite of the direction the move the car press the small button on receiver two times. it will blink and be corrected
Yep I’m sure I tried that before. I will try again soon. I just tried to hook up my Dumborc and the set button fell off with the smallest push. Ordered a new rx and will try the gyro when it comes.

ho un Domborc x6 e una ricevente x6fg, è un po' di tempo che non le accendo, oggi provando a collegarle, non si accoppiano. Ho provato più volte a tenere premuto il pulsante sulla ricevente, per il normale accoppiamento, ma non funziona.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back