Big Rock Added 3D printed lights to my Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may not give much protection, but they look mean! I like the look with the top skid plates. Makes the whole rig seem that much more aggressive.

Hello where did you purchase the shell hood skid plate or did you make it? Is that the STL file you were talking about?

Hello where did you purchase the shell hood skid plate or did you make it? Is that the STL file you were talking about?
Yeah, I designed and 3d printed those, but I would not recommend them. 2 bad landings later they were completely destroyed.

Yeah, I designed and 3d printed those, but I would not recommend them. 2 bad landings later they were completely destroyed.
Wow

Really. I am using your design in my Big Rock still and many crashes. Also, the Kraton EXB killed it crashing once straight into a barrel drum and all lights still work and the holder...all original parts maybe the material when printing...?? 🤷‍♂️. :)

1653770296646.png
1653770322356.png

1653770410757.png

I love that these are still in use. Same on by Big Rock and my brothers big rock. I did a set of Granite lights that are on 2 cars now too
Awesome work has been working food for me. Thank you!!!

I wanted to share my lighting project on my BRCC. I like to drive at night and the lights help see which direction I am facing. I wanted it to look as stock as possible, mount the lights to the chassis rather than the body so there are no wires to get snapped etc when removing the body, ensure they do not stick out and get hit, and can be controlled from the controller if possible, and be as cheap as possible

For the rear lights, I have simply drilled 5mm holes in the rear bumper, filled the surrounding space with hot glue , and cut off flush to make neat with a sharp knife. I finished them off with a bit of wiring, soldering, and a 33ohm resistor (before both LEDs wired in parallel)

For the fronts, I have cut out holes in the stock bumper (small drill bits and a Dremel helped), and 3d printed some inserts with accept 2x 5mm LEDs, and a butt load of hot glue, trimmed with a knife again. I went with a 68ohm resistor this time, for 4x LEDs wired in parallel. I will post the STL files on Thingiverse if anyone wants them.

For power, I looked to the receiver, but the motor fan is already using CH3, so I have a servo Y lead (couple of quid), and a CH3 LED controller (bout a fiver on eBay), so I can plug both in. I have shortened the wires because getting all the wires in the receiver box was bloomin' tough.

The result is though that I have power to my fan still, and I can switch my lights on using the controller. For some reason I need to press UP and then DOWN to cycle through the lighting options? No idea why, but I'm sure I can live with that.

Let me know what you think?

View attachment 147766View attachment 147767View attachment 147768View attachment 147769View attachment 147770View attachment 147771View attachment 147772View attachment 147773View attachment 147774View attachment 147775View attachment 147776View attachment 147777View attachment 147779
Thats pretty cool, good job

I wanted to share my lighting project on my BRCC. I like to drive at night and the lights help see which direction I am facing. I wanted it to look as stock as possible, mount the lights to the chassis rather than the body so there are no wires to get snapped etc when removing the body, ensure they do not stick out and get hit, and can be controlled from the controller if possible, and be as cheap as possible

For the rear lights, I have simply drilled 5mm holes in the rear bumper, filled the surrounding space with hot glue , and cut off flush to make neat with a sharp knife. I finished them off with a bit of wiring, soldering, and a 33ohm resistor (before both LEDs wired in parallel)

For the fronts, I have cut out holes in the stock bumper (small drill bits and a Dremel helped), and 3d printed some inserts with accept 2x 5mm LEDs, and a butt load of hot glue, trimmed with a knife again. I went with a 68ohm resistor this time, for 4x LEDs wired in parallel. I will post the STL files on Thingiverse if anyone wants them.

For power, I looked to the receiver, but the motor fan is already using CH3, so I have a servo Y lead (couple of quid), and a CH3 LED controller (bout a fiver on eBay), so I can plug both in. I have shortened the wires because getting all the wires in the receiver box was bloomin' tough.

The result is though that I have power to my fan still, and I can switch my lights on using the controller. For some reason I need to press UP and then DOWN to cycle through the lighting options? No idea why, but I'm sure I can live with that.

Let me know what you think?

View attachment 147766View attachment 147767View attachment 147768View attachment 147769View attachment 147770View attachment 147771View attachment 147772View attachment 147773View attachment 147774View attachment 147775View attachment 147776View attachment 147777View attachment 147779
Awesome job. I wish I knew about wiring and voltage stuff.

Pretty gnarly u went the whole 9 yards on this one!! From question, research , hypothesis, experimenting, to data and conclusion.. then innovating and marketing straight to sales!! 🤯
My man!! 🔥
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Awesome stuff here!🤟🤟

That's killer, do you print out the clear headlight covers. Or did you make use of another vehicles

Back