Typhon Added another ARRMA to the family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon Mega
My oldest turned 12 yesterday
I got him his first ARRMA.
First 4x4
First buggy !
Watching him wrench on the ol ECX ruckus he’s had since he was like 6 inspired me to turn him loose with something a little different and VERY upgrade needy if you will ! !
Purchased him a Typhon 550 mega
He’s pumped
So am I
Maybe he will be a member on here soon ? ! ?
The stock electronics are poop if you ask me
We have already tossed an ol 60 amp Goolrc ESC and some random 3100 kv blue motor that was lying around and running a 3s until motor is close to melting down !!!! :)
Couple pics
More to follow hopefully
CEA2CA29-908E-4A6B-B356-34ECC66F2C85.jpeg

He’s learning
Lol

Last edited:
Glad you are keeping him interested in the hobby. My daughter is 16 and has a real car now😪. Dig the Mohawk too. I showed up to the first day of school with one in 7th grade and by the end of the first week half the other guys on the football team had them too!🤟🤟

This buggy is “alright” I guess in factory configuration.
If it were for a 3 year old !!!
My boys have been running RC for years , granted cheap ol ECX stuff . I’m not really impressed with this “mega” typhon not to mention I guess I “assumed” it was built more like the 6s typhon ?
Should not assume…..
So anyhoo ….. I guess I’m on the way to a 3s conversion…..?
Already ordered a spectrum motor from Jenny’s and the center supported driveshaft, hope to pick up a STEEL 57 tooth mod 08 slipper spur assembly……
Uhg !!!

Soooo
Parts have been trickling in from Jenny’s
We installed a 3s motor plate , HD 57 tooth mod 8 slipper (plastic gear) , 3s spectrum motor , and a ol spectrum 150 amp esc I had laying around….
Went together pretty easy
Took a min for me to figure out motor needed to be running CW rotation, but finally got er going
Seems to rip pretty good so far !

So of course the factory servo petered out on us …
All I had laying around was a traxxas 2075 servo
Of course the odd typhon mega gigantic round steering arm is different spline
What’s everyone using as far as servo , servo saver , components on the typhon mega / typhon 3s buggy’s ?

So of course the factory servo petered out on us …
All I had laying around was a traxxas 2075 servo
Of course the odd typhon mega gigantic round steering arm is different spline
What’s everyone using as far as servo , servo saver , components on the typhon mega / typhon 3s buggy’s ?
I have five, 3S cars now. I initially tried the Amazon cheapos with the kenbrough or hot racing servo saver and none of them lasted long, so over a year ago I began buying S652 servos and stock 3S steering assemblies, which includes the servo saver, off of Jenny‘s. I think the servos are now around 18 bucks and the steering assembly around three bucks.

I have not had an s652 servo die in the last year of hard use. They may be under powered for 6S cars but they are perfect for 3S cars. Bonus is I don’t have to worry about getting an aftermarket servo saver. Whenever steering starts to suffer I simply throw in a new steering assembly. They’re so ridiculously cheap I bought 10 when they were less than two bucks and still have half left.

I started off with a mega Granite and I know the servos they come with are absolute crap. But the steering assembly/saver is the same. So you can drop in an s652 easy like.

I have the S652 servo with the stock servo saver in my Infraction 3s. I had the S652 left over from another vehicle, and it made sense to use it as an upgrade to the S651 servo that comes in the 3s vehicles. I can't comment on reliability of the S652 servo as I haven't run my Infraction much since I got it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back