Adding Diff to Green Nero questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulvine

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Nero
I'm considering buying a green Nero and adding the diff but I wasn't sure if this voids the Arrma 2 year warranty. Are both the green and blue Neros identical other than the diff brain? And is there any other parts needed other that the diff brain and the servos? I like the ride height for the Big Rock though. I assume some suspension changes could be made to achieve this. Donno if it would be cost effective though. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

I'm considering buying a green Nero and adding the diff but I wasn't sure if this voids the Arrma 2 year warranty. Are both the green and blue Neros identical other than the diff brain? And is there any other parts needed other that the diff brain and the servos? I like the ride height for the Big Rock though. I assume some suspension changes could be made to achieve this. Donno if it would be cost effective though. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!

Yes. The green and the blue are identical except for the diff brain and the color. Not sure about the warranty though. You can make adjustments to the suspension to change the ride hight but if you like the BR more overall I would just go for that. It is way more cost-effective than trying to convert a green or a blue to a BR. Hope that helps!

The green Nero becomes the blue Nero as soon as you install the diff brain upgrade kit. After I did that to mine, I had a problem with one of the diff brain servos and ARRMA sent me free replacement parts under warranty so it will not void your warranty. I suggest that you buy the upgrade kit and truck thought Tower Hobbies for ease of warranty service.

I too have the green nero, picked it up on sale for christmas and with tower hobbies coupon I paid $329 for it. I used another coupon and some e cash and bought the diff brain for $70. I don't know about the warranty but it is an all arrma product so I can't see why not. The install wasn't bad and it works flawlessly from the 1st try, just double check all your connections.

Just be sure and get 3 servo kits + the module (brain).

I added Diff Brain to $330 Tower Nero. $80 Diff Brain, works perfect. Also packed diffs with grease. Success, after 5 hours, dohhh. The Diff Nero was on sale for $499 at the time. Would have been $425 with factory installed Diff Brain. Well worth the $15. Did learn tons about truck and install optional pinion. The grease packing made a noticeable difference.

Yes, greasing the diffs and the TBR wheelie bar are next upgrades on my list.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back