Typhon Adding Kraton parts to Typhon-EXB or BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
As mentioned in another post, I'm going to use my newly won Typhon as a basher. I've researched and already ordered way too much from @3d-rc.myshopify.com and Amazon. Stuff adds up quick! 🤯😂

I was just thinking I want to widen it for bigger tires, so started researching that. Pretty much switching out a bunch of Kraton stuff. (I've got a list).

My question is, can I use the Kraton EXB arms, hubs, etc., or do I have to use the BLX ones?

And, will the Typhon's shocks be okay for bashing with appropriate adjustments?

I won't be sending it like my Noto6s off the ramp (well.....:unsure:), but just driving around like a mad man with throttle control on grass fields, dirt, and the like. I'm sure there will be some smaller jumps in there somewhere! ;)

Appreciate y'all! 😁✌️

IIRC with the V5 they share the same arms. The Typhon shocks will have much limited travel and I’m not sure they’ll actually reach if you switch to the Kraton towers but Kraton shocks are less expensive from Jenny’s $48 ish for the set.

As mentioned in another post, I'm going to use my newly won Typhon as a basher. I've researched and already ordered way too much from @3d-rc.myshopify.com and Amazon. Stuff adds up quick! 🤯😂

I was just thinking I want to widen it for bigger tires, so started researching that. Pretty much switching out a bunch of Kraton stuff. (I've got a list).

My question is, can I use the Kraton EXB arms, hubs, etc., or do I have to use the BLX ones?

And, will the Typhon's shocks be okay for bashing with appropriate adjustments?

I won't be sending it like my Noto6s off the ramp (well.....:unsure:), but just driving around like a mad man with throttle control on grass fields, dirt, and the like. I'm sure there will be some smaller jumps in there somewhere! ;)

Appreciate y'all! 😁✌️
So you just want it truggified or do you want the wider kraton arms too? You don't need the kraton arms to run the bigger tires- just need the hubs, stub axles & wheel hexes

Screenshot_20220516-003132_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks guys! Not sure how far I wanna go 😂. Never done this before! 😁 I think I'll start with the basics as stated above (no arms) and go from there.

Why are those items needed to run big tires?
They'll extend the width out enough so the bigger wheels don't rub on the steering knuckles in the front & the tops of the rear tie rod ends. You could also just use some sort of hub extensions to make it wider

They'll extend the width out enough so the bigger wheels don't rub on the steering knuckles in the front & the tops of the rear tie rod ends. You could also just use some sort of hub extensions to make it wider
Thanks. I tried some 1/2” offset truggy wheels and they seemed to fit fine. No rubbing. Was wondering if I missed something.

I'm actually going to try and add mojave arms to my typhon and I keep seeing people say something about dremeling something on the arms? or chassis? I don't know but damn you guys be mad confusing when it come to giving details :eek::ROFLMAO:

I'm actually going to try and add mojave arms to my typhon and I keep seeing people say something about dremeling something on the arms? or chassis? I don't know but damn you guys be mad confusing when it come to giving details :eek::ROFLMAO:
I have never actually done it lol. Just seen more than a few people say it. Something about the arms I think hits the chassis for some reason lol

Make sure to post pics. I wanna see what it looks like and the process with those arms. You gonna be my guinea pig! ;) 😂 ✌️

Are mojave arms longer than Typhon arms and shorter than kraton arms?
Yup! In order from short to long is

Senton 6s
Typhon/Limitless/Infraction/Felony
Mojave
Kraton/Outcast/Noto/Fireteam/Talion

Last edited:
Man, now you all got me changing my mind again!! :ROFLMAO:

So the the "SS" list (@StephenSchandelmayer ) posted above, the Kraton items work with the Mojave arms/axles?

So if I get everything on that list and do some dremeling, I'll be able to put some big fatty wide tires on my Typhon basher? (Of course with any other adjustments needed to rig depending on tire size/weight)

Where does the Talion fit in there? Same as kraton?
Yup! Forgot to add that in
Man, now you all got me changing my mind again!! :ROFLMAO:

So the the "SS" list (@StephenSchandelmayer ) posted above, the Kraton items work with the Mojave arms/axles?

So if I get everything on that list and do some dremeling, I'll be able to put some big fatty wide tires on my Typhon basher? (Of course with any other adjustments needed to rig depending on tire size/weight)
What tires are you thinking of running? I have some Proline Hyrax 2.8 tires that I would sell you if thats the size you are looking for. I loved them very much I just don't have a rig that can use them anymore. But you don't have to run the mojave arms really. For the sake of simplicity I would say keep the typhon arms and just get the kraton hubs and what not from my list and then get hex extenders.

https://justbashitrc.com/shop/17mm-10mm-wheel-hub-adapter-arrma-6s/

Or the cheaper route. You will need to add some washers behind the ebay ones most likely. I have something similar on my speed truck that is running 100 mph so atleast we know they work :ROFLMAO:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2844486757...TjxHTDv559P7D8v416qnwDiDXg==|tkp:BFBMoM_rrOJg

Last edited:
Yup! Forgot to add that in

What tires are you thinking of running? I have some Proline Hyrax 2.8 tires that I would sell you if thats the size you are looking for. I loved them very much I just don't have a rig that can use them anymore. But you don't have to run the mojave arms really. For the sake of simplicity I would say keep the typhon arms and just get the kraton hubs and what not from my list and then get hex extenders.

https://justbashitrc.com/shop/17mm-10mm-wheel-hub-adapter-arrma-6s/

Or the cheaper route. You will need to add some washers behind the ebay ones most likely. I have something similar on my speed truck that is running 100 mph so atleast we know they work :ROFLMAO:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284448675764?hash=item423a7657b4:g:1VAAAOSwHMlhPWpi&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA8ErWXisQDDZfhw24+GqjWWHR3sVlzfWL4cxKdqW1p/esqyRTergKsgr6ymEcGNwqMHgewJt8DMCeSmAEtFEpGRcjxiIHsw10S1pYhVJlSUUr8Uv/KVm+fz4n903v0IctH/Q1KNEYIEspKlFOPQelgUN7W1KzV9nk4KuAJJhsbkEzvZw9SlToHesqwPPtX+pj8/k4VbLqL73uz7AcKSwPNeylGtDCaAYOtmsgYrGILFUfB+DNwO6jBh6z3s0oos2pUUnVB2f362//og9/vEQ35rIm4jSwBp0OEDFvkdwsTjxHTDv559P7D8v416qnwDiDXg==|tkp:BFBMoM_rrOJg
Thanks for the info!! Haven't thought about exact tires yet. Just know I want some big MT tires on it as currently I don't really have a "field basher", only my Noto6s trick truck. My other rigs are mainly for my dirt track, street speed and street bashing. I'll eventually get a Kraton 6s.

Just remember big tires not meant for straight cut diffs. That's the one problem with what we're trying to do. I'm probably going to stop at tires the size of mojave tires. I've run them on my truggified typhon before but I still wasn't happy with how easily I roll over in grass which is why Im considering making it wider.

I saw someone post a cool pic of basically an outcast with full mojave suspension and it looked so cool it made me want to work on my typhon tlr that I haven't touch in months since I got the stretched typhons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back