Adding LED lights to truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigstick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
How is this done?

IjMWrzm.jpg

Id like to add this lighting, and maybe headlights of some sort to an Arrma Kraton.

Option #1

Wire them to a free channel in the receiver.

Option #2

Connect a female XT90 to female JST to a free battery connector. Wire the LEDs to the JST connector.

Option #3

Wire to a small 12v battery.

I’m guessing a stock Kraton will have an open slot on the receiver? The slots are always powered? So I’d have to add a switch between the receiver and lights?

Yeah, you should have an open slot on the receiver. No need to add a switch because once you turn on the ESC, so will the LEDs.

Unless you'd like to add a switch between the receiver and lights as a killswitch.

Well I only want the lights on when running at night. So I guess I’ll need a switch? Do I need “hobby specific” LEDs? Or will any led lights I find work?

I think I have to drop the voltage somehow

Well I only want the lights on when running at night. So I guess I’ll need a switch? Do I need “hobby specific” LEDs? Or will any led lights I find work?

I think I have to drop the voltage somehow

Ok here is your low down on LED lights. They don’t consume here much current so you can run them off the internal BEC on the ESC that powers the receiver. I have this setup on my Slash with 14 leds. The stock BEC voltage is 6 volts IIRC.

As for what and where to get lights, here is some info:

I got all my LEDs from here:

Lighthouse LEDs

Get flat top wide angle 15000mcd leds for fill lights

Get round top 15000 mcd leds for directional

Red or orange for tail lights (also 15000 mcd)

Get them in 3mm size.

They also sell led holders for when you punch out of the body. Just drill or ream a hole that is just large enough for it to pop though.

White LEDs will need a 150ohm resistor on 6v
Red and orange LEDs need 220 ohm resistor for 6v

I used 26 gauge wire for the connections on LEDs and xT30 connectors for disconnects. Heat shrink is a must. I get all my heat shrink from Heatshrink.com

If you have any questions feel free to DM me
840AC6A4-F435-495D-B29B-6A49D51AEBCE.jpeg
CBABF1B6-F8DE-4E10-8736-EA6D0560A475.jpeg
B70F4372-B180-4C40-A93A-2F70A9C76328.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back