Outcast Additional upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwblue00

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm wanting to do additional upgrades to my outcast. Now that the servo mount has been ordered I'm looking into RPM arms. Are the RPM arms more stiff than the stock arms? How many are still running the stock rtr radio? Also any additional mandatory upgrades? I'm only running 4s Lipo and I'm not abusive or severely rough with my RCs.

I only "upgraded" to RPM arms because my buddy broke stock arms on his talion a few times until he got RPM. Then my second bash, I snapped a rear RPM arm. No idea why either, it shattered like it was cold out, but it was 85F. I had many landings that should have broke a front arm or two, but since I replaced the broken rear arm, it's held up fine.

The front RPM skid/bumper is a nice upgrade. Helps protect the front of the body when you lawn dart the truck. Also, the t-bone rear skid/wheelie bar helps as the stock wing mount/wheelie bar is known to break. My wheelie bar broke in my first bash. I got the t-bone one installed a few days later and removed the wing itself to just keep the mount so it would take a roof landing vs the body taking it all.

Making a tower2tower brace helps avoid busting the center chassis braces and messing up center dog bones as well. I made one out of steel out of small square key stock with holes I drilled in the front/rear tower and the key stock that I tapped with a 4mm tap to use 4mm bolts to hold it in place. A bit heavy, but I didn't want to totally mangle the center body support by using 3/4" aluminum box stock like others user on the kraton/talion.

I put voltage hobbies towers, chassis braces, and servo mount with a savox 1230 servo and haven't had to touch it since. It's my least driven arrma but like people have said, it's amazing what you can drive away from with this thing.

RPM products are softer than stock one and flex a little more which is a good thing. Also, RPM products are guaranteed for life. So if you beak any of it, you get a new one for free.

For me I just bought a few stock a-arm sets from jrc on ebay. They are pretty cheap and if they don't hold up then I will get rpm when I run out of the stock a-arms

I’m like you I’m not out to beat my Kraton up but I was out running 6s and ended up doing qt least 8 sideways cart wheels and drove away with no problems. I’m gonna upgrade my A arms to rpm all the way around also Arrma makes some of the best cars out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back