Big Rock Adjustable motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
What adjustable motor mount is better? Arrma or Hot Racing? I don’t want to be tied down to the fixed position motor mount and pinion options. I want to use a 17-18 tooth pinion. Is there an even better option? Thanks!

What adjustable motor mount is better? Arrma or Hot Racing? I don’t want to be tied down to the fixed position motor mount and pinion options. I want to use a 17-18 tooth pinion. Is there an even better option? Thanks!
Try out the PPS one, the guy is here in the forum as a vendom as well... His stuff is really nice! There are already a couple YT vids out there too.

PPS-RC.com- his motor mount is a work of art. Not sure of many that are in the same realm.

Like Maddog said.

PPS-RC.com- his motor mount is a work of art. Not sure of many that are in the same realm.

Like Maddog said.
The website doesn’t go to anything rc related. Is it something available in the US ? That’s where I’m from

I believe @Peteyk49 is referring to replacing the fixed motor mount on his Granite? PPs only makes 6S and 8S motor mounts so far.
@Peteyk49 please correct me if I am wrong. :cool: Its not clear to me what application/rig you are upgrading.

Edit: posted moments after yours above. Thanks. You are correct. No PPS 4s mounts. I thought Arrma has the best one. Appears to be billet not stamped. As long as it is sliding adjustable versus preset based on pinion Tooth. HR may be the best???

I believe @Peteyk49 is referring to replacing the fixed motor mount on his Granite? PPs only makes 6S and 8S motor mounts so far.
@Peteyk49 please correct me if I am wrong. :cool: Its not clear to me what application/rig you are upgrading.
Big rock crew cab 3s. I upgraded the electronics in my sons brcc. It comes with a fixed motor mount which limits you to only 4 different sized pinion gears. I want to use a size that won’t fit with the stock motor mount. I want to try a 17t and 18t pinion. So I need an adjustable one. So far I found HR and Arrma for my options. I’m not sure if ones better than the other. I just want to do it right the first time lol

Ah hell! I’m an idiot! Lol. I used the factory Arrma Adjustable. Seems to do the job.

I own both the Arrma and HR adjustable motor mounts and they are nearly identical. Get the one that’s cheaper for you as there is no material difference worth discussing.

I own both the Arrma and HR adjustable motor mounts and they are nearly identical. Get the one that’s cheaper for you as there is no material difference worth discussing.
This^^^^

Whichever is cheaper and can get to you faster as mentioned. I haven't tried the Arrma one but the HR one is fine. Others here have said the Arrma one is fine.
What's most important is having one for adjusting that factory over-tight (imo) mesh or having pinion options.

What is the part number for the Arrma one?
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310898
Is this the one?
Looks like this can handle the 4x4 4S rigs too. Must be Stout enough.
HR:
https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-ATF18M02-Aluminum-Adjustable/dp/B07LCSTG6L

$16.00 vs 17.88. Negligable difference in price. A Personal call. But, Lately, I trust Arrma upgrades over HR for many parts when I have the option:cool:.
Arrma has support. HR has Zero. If the Arrma version cost more , I would still go with Arrma's M. Mount

Last edited:
I also have both. HR the motor mounting screws sit in a channel, the Arrma is flat faced. HR has those raised ridges on the front side, which means more surface area, so more cooling in theory, but I haven't noticed a difference. I think the red anodizing on the Arrma one is nicer.

I sometimes use a heat sink compound between my motor and motor plate for hot motors/setups. Like Arctic Silver for processor HS's.
Any standard white HS compound will work. Transfers heat away from the motor to the motor mount better. More noticeable with hotter setups. IMO. Don't need much, but spread out evenly to very clean surfaces of the Motor mount and endbell. Can work with motor heatsinks also.

I ordered the arrma mount on eBay and a pinion gear set 17-21t. I think the 20t is too much for our style bashing. Wide open on a flat, my sons brcc hauls a$$ with the blx185 esc and 3674 2950kv motor but, we want more low end. I’m thinking an 18t pinion is where we’d like to be. I also have a 4s battery coming tomorrow to test out. Wish me luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back