Big Rock Adjustable motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the arrma mount on eBay and a pinion gear set 17-21t. I think the 20t is too much for our style bashing. Wide open on a flat, my sons brcc hauls a$$ with the blx185 esc and 3674 2950kv motor but, we want more low end. I’m thinking an 18t pinion is where we’d like to be. I also have a 4s battery coming tomorrow to test out. Wish me luck!
20T is fine for on road with GRPs but anything larger or off-road and you’ll want to stay 18T or under. ??

20T is fine for on road with GRPs but anything larger or off-road and you’ll want to stay 18T or under. ??
That’s what I was thinking. I was hoping to just use the fixed motor mount and get the 20t pinion. I figured it was the stock pinion on the senton 3s. It might’ve worked..We have the mx28’s on it. My son likes MT tires only. I cheaped out and it bit me in the ass lol. Thanks for the help!!!

That’s what I was thinking. I was hoping to just use the fixed motor mount and get the 20t pinion. I figured it was the stock pinion on the senton 3s. It might’ve worked..We have the mx28’s on it. My son likes MT tires only. I cheaped out and it bit me in the ass lol. Thanks for the help!!!
I run the MX28s on 18T all day ??

Awesome. They ballon like crazy. Even more so now. I had to trim the body more today with the upgrades.
That reminds me. I need to glue my o-rings on soon.

I’m running the 20t pinion blx120/2400kv combo in my Granite and it’s too fast. Out of control on full throttle in the grass, pavement, etc.. Gets sideways and starts flipping. Punch settling is on number 4. I don’t know, thinking of gearing down on this one and maybe using the 20t in my BR3S. That rig is a little heavier from upgrades.

Last edited:
Gear down. Sometimes too fast is not fun. Also temps and all. A bear to control on rough/loose. Pavement straight run dragging is a different story.

Gear down. Sometimes too fast is not fun. Also temps and all. A bear to control on rough/loose. Pavement straight run dragging is a different story.
I prefer a good low end when off roading.

^^^(y)Lower gearing gives better control over most of the TH range. It feels more linear. If that makes sense. Sometimes an alternative to gearing down an over geared rig is Volting down a bit. If you have lipo packs to suit. I find running 4S more appealing sometimes versus a 6S pack, if I am a bit tall. Ill use a 6S for the street and 4s for the dirt. A lot of options in this way.

Last edited:
I ordered a dumbo rc transmitter with the gyro, a 4s battery to try, 17t-21t pinion gears, 4s slipper setup, adjustable motor mount, and heavy duty axles for the rear. It’s fast on 3s with the 20t but too fast for bashing and not enough torque

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back