Adjustable ramp design?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr.Duke, I made my 2nd ramp that I built for under $75.00 w/ materials from Home Depot! I use to build Half Pipes for people back in the day when I was into skateboarding back in the 80's!! I did not want a huge RC Launch ramp b/c I wanted to be able to transport it in the back of my VW but i wanted one that I that would be able to launch your rig 30 to 40 ft, etc! Plus, I wanted one so I could transport it and it fits like a glove in the back on my car trunk!! My ramp is 4 ft in lenght x 3ft in height and 3ft wide and the last 12'' of the ramp, I used a Rafter Square tool to be able to get the last 12'' of the ramp to be at a 45 degree angle for the perfect launch. Long story short, it came out absolutely amazing! One last think this is only the first layer today I am adding a 2nd layer of plywood! FYI - threw this video I am only hitting this ramp at a quarter throttle and it was launching up my #KRATON 25ft plus jumping arounf 30-40ft in distance no problem! Let me know your thoughts #ARRMAFAMILY??
My 1St TEST RUN W/ MY V3 KRATON:

Attachments

• IMG_5436.jpg
    IMG_5436.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 4ft L x 3ft H x 3ft W.jpg
    4ft L x 3ft H x 3ft W.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 57
I like the design of using metal and it's certainly sturdy. Although it can be folded down to the fairly small size it's still pretty bulky and heavy. Also, I'm imagining the material cost is pretty high.

I've been prototyping a ramp design with the idea of being able to construct it with 10 minutes and when it is broken down it fits in a small handled bag. Without giving away too much on the final design I will say it is a wedge shape. The material is not typical and hopefully will be groundbreaking (no pun intended). :)

I will be sharing it within the next couple of weeks.

Here is a video I made recently with @anthony611, the ramp fits in a small trunk and is pretty nice for smaller jumping. I made it out of PVC pipes and a single piece of Plexi.

That's a really good design. Even if the legs break, replacement is cheap. How did you secure the pipes to the bottom of the ramp?

Thank you, yes indeed it is a nice design. I spent countless hours prototyping with all types of material. The entire thing is held together with Velcro. The legs are actual shelving supports and they are telescoping. I had to find the perfect thickness for the Plexi. The legs pull out of the PVC and therefore it is portable. See this video for a closer view.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back