ADS-15M servo on Senton 4x4, BEC needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerbob951

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
I've got a Senton 4x4 mega with a failed stock servo (ADS-5M) and have purchased an ADS-15M servo on recommendation from my LHS. Drops right into place, everything works as it should, except that the steering is considerably slower, and makes it tough to drive at speed.

I've noticed that the stock ADS-5 servo is rated as such on Arrma's website:
"Speed - 0.14 sec/0.12 sec 4.8V/6V"

And the ADS-15M servo is rated like this:
"Speed - 0.16 sec/0.14 sec 6V/7.2V"

The difference in speed shouldn't really be detectable by me, so I'm guessing the new servo is underpowered from the Rx. My question is, do I need to run a BEC to properly use this servo in this chassis? If so, can I get some *cheap* recommendations?

I used this Turnigy in my Senton and it lasted a year, after I stripped the stock servo within the first couple of runs.. I just recently stripped the gears on the 5521mdhv when I went up to the MX28 tires on Porline F11 rims, but the Turnigy servo impressed for the year I used it. I really abuse my Senton and liked the servo, just not with the big wheels.
https://www.amazon.com/Turnigy-TGY-5521MDHV-Voltage-Digital-0-11sec/dp/B00USQWIOC

I just put a 1270Tg in my Senton this weekend. I run that one in my monster trucks without issue, so i hope it will last in the Senton for a good long time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back