Adult life survey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts-
2 beers an evening is not a problem. 6 beers an evening might be / probably is.

And -
Regardless of whether she is right or wrong, If you have no respect for you wife's opinion, you have no respect for your wife. But maybe I misinterpreted your remarks.

For your height and weight 2 Coors isn't likely a problem, but as someone else mentioned, it's more about whether you need it. Are you upset because you don't like being told how to live or because you genuinely cant see not drinking 2 beers a day? If there is even a little chance theres truth to the later, you probably have some dependency issues.

You included Libertarian on your survey. We strongly believe letting people do whatever the fiddlestick they want, but your actions do have consequences for those you live with. I can't say what they will be for you and your wife, but if shes bringing it up, maybe it's worth figuring out why she thinks it's an issue. I don't think my wife would bring something like that up unless there was some other reason it really bothered her. If it REALLY was just because she didnt think I should drink I'd politely acknowledge and continue my beer.

PS. Any type of regular alcohol consumption raises risk for number of cancers. Esophageal is a particularly nasty one. If you don't know the risks I'd be happy to elaborate. I love beer too, but I'm in healthcare and I feel everyone should be educated on the issue.

Edit- lol I was censored, oh well. Fiddlesticks is funny.

I'm pretty much old school in the same ways, @Hoss81. One reason I'm not married (never have been and with no kids) is probably because I prefer to do what I want to do. This of course doesn't mean I don't have respect for the opinion of others / women. All of my relationships have been quite long lasting comparatively. It's how we were raised. And my parents live a good life and have been happily married for 50 years. All of our family is the same and I can't think of a single divorce ....even extended family.
I don't want to analyze your personal business because I get pissed when folks try to analyze mine. But, you created the thread so I'll just say one thing. :shame:
Your wife cares for you and just doesn't want you to get back again to drinking the six IPAs (like I do) every night. You have loved ones counting on you. Not a big deal imo. Everybody gives a little, comes to a mutual agreement and everything is back ok. Maybe drink em all on Friday and Saturday night?

I rarely drink alcohol but I do drink ‘original’ cola / pepsi. Used to be irn bru until it was ruined with artificial sweeteners (I don’t like the after taste and ‘hollow’ sweetness).
I usually have 2 x 330ml (sometimes 3 on a weekend) cans per day. I’ve been told by my wife that’s too much. While she’s entitled to her opinion I’m fine with it so carry on. Our partners have every right to voice their opinion and we should respect what they say. However it’s a two way street and they need to be able to respect our right to our own opinion as well.

. I don't think my wife would bring something like that up unless there was some other reason it really bothered her. If it REALLY was just because she didnt think I should drink I'd politely acknowledge and continue my beer.
yeah, this

Back when I did drink, me wife would bug me about it. When we had a conversation about it, her worry was that she presumed all people who drink would become drunks. It took me a while to finally convince her that I was neither her dad or my dad ( both had alcoholism issues) nor did I want to be. We agreed that while I didn't have an issue, she would stop bugging me unless she started to see a pattern... At that time I was a 3-5 drink a week kind of guy. a year or three later, I just stopped drinking, mostly, and never started again.

These days, I may have a beer while grilling, or a whiskey watching a sunset at the fishing cabin, but I really have no desire for beer or other on a day to day basis.

I'm pretty much old school in the same ways, @Hoss81. One reason I'm not married (never have been and with no kids) is probably because I prefer to do what I want to do. This of course doesn't mean I don't have respect for the opinion of others / women. All of my relationships have been quite long lasting comparatively. It's how we were raised. And my parents live a good life and have been happily married for 50 years. All of our family is the same and I can't think of a single divorce ....even extended family.
I don't want to analyze your personal business because I get pissed when folks try to analyze mine. But, you created the thread so I'll just say one thing. :shame:
Your wife cares for you and just doesn't want you to get back again to drinking the six IPAs (like I do) every night. You have loved ones counting on you. Not a big deal imo. Everybody gives a little, comes to a mutual agreement and everything is back ok. Maybe drink em all on Friday and Saturday night?

Opinions and Analysis welcome!!

If I thought the issue was she was worried about my health or my work performance that'd be one thing, but I think she just likes to make sure I never have any fun. I haven't missed a day of work in my professional life ever. I don't ever call off, all of my PTO days are planned months in advance.

And, I'm 6'5 and 300 lbs. I have a short shelf life, so no real reason to spend time worrying about elongating my lifespan. Nobody has ever seen a 80 yr old 6'5" man for a reason. We don't make it that long.

And, I'm 6'5 and 300 lbs. I have a short shelf life, so no real reason to spend time worrying about elongating my lifespan. Nobody has ever seen a 80 yr old 6'5" man for a reason. We don't make it that long.
My dad was 6' 5", made it almost to 90. Had leukemia for nearly 30 years and an inoperable aneurysm in his brain the size of a golf ball for the same amount of time. The last 5 years or so were the worst. Guessing that's the case with most people that make it to 90 though.

I think he was just stubborn. ;)

Opinions and Analysis welcome!!

If I thought the issue was she was worried about my health or my work performance that'd be one thing, but I think she just likes to make sure I never have any fun. I haven't missed a day of work in my professional life ever. I don't ever call off, all of my PTO days are planned months in advance.

If you honestly believe your wife just doesn’t want you to enjoy yourself then it sounds like there are much bigger issues than you having a couple of beers at night.

If you honestly believe your wife just doesn’t want you to enjoy yourself then it sounds like there are much bigger issues than you having a couple of beers at night.

I thought that was a hard coded female DNA thing...........not sure its specific to my wife

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back