Kraton Adventures with the Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Vorteks
Day one: Super excited to get it unboxed.
20210428_153416.jpg

20210428_153508.jpg

20210428_163724.jpg

I already bought batteries from my local hobby store. Fully charged so I take it out to a school nearby with a soccer field and dirt track around it. I have a blast just getting used to this beast.

This thing turns heads, I had a group of kids, 10yo maybe, very interested asking me all sorts of questions about it. Few dads came over just to watch. Not going to lie, felt really good about my purchase at this time.

I soon get used to flat land control. Decide to start hitting some of the hills around the field. Get a good 2-3 well executed jumps. The last one I sent it for a tumble... I heard it break. No surprise really, this thing is a monster. And my buddy had broke his upper control arm doing less than I did.

I shattered the lower, the upper was not looking good either.
20210428_165454.jpg

Local hobby store closes soon, it's a half hour drive to get there. I wanna rush there to see if they have parts in stock. But honestly I can't really justify it.

Call it quits for the day. The group of kids watching me are more bummed than I am.

I get home and order 2 RPM sets for both left and right. Again my buddy already broke his right upper. So I'm also ordering for him. Now it's just a waiting game.

Day Two: Hobby store has only one set of control arms in stock. Lucky for me it's the side I broke! Best yet they're RPM!!

It's such a good day I decided to get another RC seeing as how I'm there. That's a story for another post.

I get home asap. Batteries were in storage mode because I honestly didn't know how long till I got parts. First thing I do is get them charging.

Next step was to get my parts installed.
20210429_202123.jpg

Very simple process. Arrma does a great job at making these easy to work on.

Ran it that evening taking it easy but still taking a few smaller jumps with zero issues. Even got another friend wanting to get one as well.

Day Three: It's finally pretty nice out here in Northern Minnesota. Take my kids to a playground. Of course I brought my Kraton along. While they're playing I'm bashing a bit. Still no issues.

With that said, once I get the RPM left side set in I'll be replacing.

The exb rear camber tie rod upgrade is worth doing if you can get the parts. They are pretty weak stock and on some landings will push in changing your rear camber.

With the rpm arms just keep an eye on your shocks, they don't have any droop screws, which can put a lot of stress on your shock rod ends.

The K8s is great, try it with a 23t pinion, I found it pretty quick then, bear in mind that this thing doing 60mph is pretty scary when it goes wrong.

I've got a Max 5 with 56113 motor in mine it is pretty crazy, so much power and it goes pretty fast with the right gearing. I needed extra power because I added a lot of weight in m2c upgrades, to me this is a hard choice because the heavier it is the easier you can break things and often the handling goes out the window.

Anyway thanks for sharing, keep up the posts and enthusiasm.

Wait until you put a max5 or castle combo. You gonna be saying holy poop instead of its not the fastest.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I upgrade it. For the time being I'm just having a blast with how it is.

I'll keep the max5 and castle in mind. And who knows. If I can find them for a good deal I might just get them 😆
The exb rear camber tie rod upgrade is worth doing if you can get the parts. They are pretty weak stock and on some landings will push in changing your rear camber.

With the rpm arms just keep an eye on your shocks, they don't have any droop screws, which can put a lot of stress on your shock rod ends.
Good to know. For the time being I'm avoiding big jumps. That's how I broke it on day one. But I'll look into the parts later today.

I was also a little concerned about the shock rod ends. But I'll keep a closer eye on them.

I'm also going to look into that 23t pinion.

Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Went out bashing today. Took some great jumps. Only one bad tumble. Lucky for me only broke a small part of the spoiler. A little super glue and baking soda fixed it right up.
20210501_185946.jpg

I've tried a few different brands of super glue. Gorilla seems to be the best so far.

Waiting for batteries to charge and I'm heading out again!

Went out bashing today. Took some great jumps. Only one bad tumble. Lucky for me only broke a small part of the spoiler. A little super glue and baking soda fixed it right up.
View attachment 143379
I've tried a few different brands of super glue. Gorilla seems to be the best so far.

Waiting for batteries to charge and I'm heading out again!
First run and I broke it again.
20210501_203439.jpg

Going to sand it back down to plastic, use a bit more and let it set overnight.

If anyone knows other methods to "repair" this sort of thing I'm all ears.

Day one: Super excited to get it unboxed.
View attachment 143237
View attachment 143238
View attachment 143239
I already bought batteries from my local hobby store. Fully charged so I take it out to a school nearby with a soccer field and dirt track around it. I have a blast just getting used to this beast.

This thing turns heads, I had a group of kids, 10yo maybe, very interested asking me all sorts of questions about it. Few dads came over just to watch. Not going to lie, felt really good about my purchase at this time.

I soon get used to flat land control. Decide to start hitting some of the hills around the field. Get a good 2-3 well executed jumps. The last one I sent it for a tumble... I heard it break. No surprise really, this thing is a monster. And my buddy had broke his upper control arm doing less than I did.

I shattered the lower, the upper was not looking good either.
View attachment 143240
Local hobby store closes soon, it's a half hour drive to get there. I wanna rush there to see if they have parts in stock. But honestly I can't really justify it.

Call it quits for the day. The group of kids watching me are more bummed than I am.

I get home and order 2 RPM sets for both left and right. Again my buddy already broke his right upper. So I'm also ordering for him. Now it's just a waiting game.
wich batteries and what run times do you get, is it worth?i have a 6s kraton and get decent run times like 45min aprox.smooth driving..

wich batteries and what run times do you get, is it worth?i have a 6s kraton and get decent run times like 45min aprox.smooth driving..
20210503_223744.jpg

These pack a punch. If I'm running aggressive the temp shutdown kicks in 10-15 mins. Otherwise I'll get 25-30 mins.

They cost ~$100 a piece. And of course you need at least two.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back