Advice needed: Kraton 6s V4 or EXB? Looking at getting back into 6s.

Kraton 6s V4 or EXB?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Just like the title says. Im looking at getting back into 6s very soon. Im looking at either a V4 Kraton 6s, or the EXB. Considering the diff issues people are having with the EXB does it make more sense to get a V4 Kraton 6s or the EXB. Does the EXB have enough upgrades and improvements so that it would be a better choice? Ill be installing a Flysky FS-GT5 in either so Im not taking the STX2 garbage as a factor. So which one do you recommend? Thanks

I've bought the exb model and I've had to deal with the rear differential and might have an issue with the center diff. But I'm still happy as it's made me do my research and learn a bunch. If you don't have the money because it definitely cost more and more time then go with the v4 model.
I'm still hopeful HH will have to redesign the rear diff to sell more and other models will need a strong diff. You can see HH has no exb models until November. And no rear diffs ARA311066

If I was in market for K6S as of today, probably go for V4, and if discounted that's even better. Wouldn't be too happy with EXB sitting on a shelf waiting for parts. Upgrade V4 parts as they break or bend.

If I was in market for K6S as of today, probably go for V4, and if discounted that's even better. Wouldn't be too happy with EXB sitting on a shelf waiting for parts. Upgrade V4 parts as they break or bend.

Yea after thinking about it it'll be the V4. If my LHS still has one it'll be at $499.99. Insane good deal. Im selling 2 of my 4s packs so I can get some 6s packs.

I'd want the EXB. Toss a few V4 diffs in the basket when you check out so if the EXB diff issue bites you, you will be covered.

But I am a cheapskape, so a v4 for $500 would be tempting... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well my LHS didnt have any. But I found one online so I ordered a brand new blue V4. My Birthday present to myself? Not that I needed a reason. Now I need some 6s batteries. Working on that now. Will be selling my Kraton 4s soon. Hopefully to a friend that is thinking it over. If not Ill list it here.

Let the upgrades begin!!!

Last edited:
Well my LHS didnt have any. But I found one online so I ordered a brand new blue V4. My Birthday present to myself? Not that I needed a reason. Now I need some 6s batteries. Working on that now. Will be selling my Kraton 4s soon. Hopefully to a friend that is thinking it over. If not Ill list it here.

Let the upgrades begin!!!
What batteries were you thinking? I might get some SMC or gensacearespammers

What batteries were you thinking? I might get some SMC or gensacearespammers

I was going to go with Zeee 5200s 6s lipos which is what I went with before. But this time I bought 3 Hoovo 6000 mah 60C 6s lipos for $199 on Amazon and Ebay. Great deal for 3 lipos. Never went with Hoovo before but theyve gotten great reviews and comments on here as well.

I was going to go with Zeee 5200s 6s lipos which is what I went with before. But this time I bought 3 Hoovo 6000 mah 60C 6s lipos for $199 on Amazon and Ebay. Great deal for 3 lipos. Never went with Hoovo before but theyve gotten great reviews and comments on here as well.
Are zee batts good for the price? Or should I just stick to gensacearespammers or smc? All I do is bash .

Are zee batts good for the price? Or should I just stick to gensacearespammers or smc? All I do is bash .

Ive always had good luck with Zeees. Never had one go bad, or even puff. For the price Id say there great. I decided to go with the Hoovos this time because I was able to get 3 6s 6000mah 60C's for under $200. haven't tested them yet, but will soon since my V4 showed up yesterday!!

Back