Advice needed, should I keep using this LiPo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Is this battery to be thrown out or is it ok? Not sure what to do. It was rubbing against the spur gear. Help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 97
I wouldn't use it. If it goes off while in your rc. Now you have more than just a new battery to replace!

Like @Crash said, I wouldn't use it. I would much rather toss a $40-50 battery than risk seeing a $500+ vehicle go up in flames. Especially after watching some videos showing how violent lipos are when they ignite.

Last edited:
Discharge it and dispose of it. You don't need to burn down your rc car, or worse your house.

Is this battery to be thrown out or is it ok? Not sure what to do. It was rubbing against the spur gear. Help
It's done n
My friend that lipo is a bomb waiting to explode. Depending on how completely charged it is, if both layers of heatshrink is breached and oxygen gets to the lithium polymer, it will burn down your house in minutes. No joke... leave outside your home in a safe place till you can discard it. Please take my advice. You can't extinguish a lipo fire. It must burn out on its own hopefully not in your rig and not around people or your house.It will look like the 4th of July. Do not try water to extinguish, it will only spread the fire. An ABC rated fire extinguisher won't put it out but may contain it to some extent from igniting any surrounding things.
urrounding

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back