Outcast advice on beefing up the front end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike k

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So, it looks like the screws holding the suspension mount have stripped out of my gearbox. I've noticed these loosening up over time, and it seems like a weak point.
Questions:
-Is there any way to beef this up? I see something like Hot Racing's aluminum gearbox housing/bulkhead - any experience with this or are there other recommended replacements?
-I use an RPM front bumper. I probably also need to replace the AR20363 bumper mount that got lost, as that seems to (very weakly) hold the AR330381 pins in place, no? Or is that part superfluous? Is there a good replacement for the stock bumper mount if so? Mine is held in place by these wimpy little tabs that popped pretty quick.
-Aside from replacing the gearbox, is there anything else I should get while I'm ordering parts? I have never gotten that deep in disassembling the vehicle so not sure what else is down there :)

-Perhaps unrelatedly, any recommendations for an appropriate little bag of assorted replacement screws that are suitable for this rig?

Thanks,
Mike

IMG_6924.jpg

So, it looks like the screws holding the suspension mount have stripped out of my gearbox. I've noticed these loosening up over time, and it seems like a weak point.
Questions:
-Is there any way to beef this up? I see something like Hot Racing's aluminum gearbox housing/bulkhead - any experience with this or are there other recommended replacements?
-I use an RPM front bumper. I probably also need to replace the AR20363 bumper mount that got lost, as that seems to (very weakly) hold the AR330381 pins in place, no? Or is that part superfluous? Is there a good replacement for the stock bumper mount if so? Mine is held in place by these wimpy little tabs that popped pretty quick.
-Aside from replacing the gearbox, is there anything else I should get while I'm ordering parts? I have never gotten that deep in disassembling the vehicle so not sure what else is down there :)

-Perhaps unrelatedly, any recommendations for an appropriate little bag of assorted replacement screws that are suitable for this rig?

Thanks,
Mike

View attachment 144547
have had that problem a few times. I shoegoo the suspension mount on then put gorilla glue on bit longer screws worked so far only other option is metal gear box hot racing or something like that

Looking quickly at it, it seems like the M2C kit is designed to protect the bulkhead by diverting forces around it. So, perhaps these two would eb redundant? Maybe the most economical option would be to get a new stock bulkhead, plus a M2C kit, no?

Looking quickly at it, it seems like the M2C kit is designed to protect the bulkhead by diverting forces around it. So, perhaps these two would eb redundant? Maybe the most economical option would be to get a new stock bulkhead, plus a M2C kit, no?
70 quid for m2c kit thats just for front or rear :oops:

Yeah, the hot racing gearbox is 50 bucks. Would rather choose one or the other, at least to start.
economical is all relative I guess :)

M2c hinge pins are pretty nice. I have them on my outcast. The rest of my rigs run the crcu hinge pin blocks and i stick with plastic diff cases. Might check your ackerman bar and see if it's straight still too while you are at it if it took that big a hit on the front end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back