Typhon Advice on drag racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgwild1717

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been doing parking lot drag racing on the weekends with my typhon. My first setup was pretty fast and most guys out there couldn't beat me but as we know we all upgrade and go faster lol. My setup now is a 4s lipo with a 3668 2400kv hot racing slipper eliminator 36t spur 27t pinion mod1. I'm having trouble now with traction on the power hobby grippers. Hobby shop tells me xb1 but I see the real fast guys running xx pink 2. Should I just grab the bsr foams first 🤔. Also transmitter I'm using the rtr one and sick of the delay and now learning some can program their launch? Was looking at the rc6gs v3? Also lipo advice I'm using what I have right now it's a hoovo 5500mah 120c

Yes you can program your launch with a Perfect Pass or a Noble NB4.
Noble for the win.
Perfect pass is over priced and over rated. Imo.
His body mount are nice. Until they bend in a wreck.. can’t imagine that the little pot thing would hold up to a wreck.

Noble for the win.
Perfect pass is over priced and over rated. Imo.
His body mount are nice. Until they bend in a wreck.. can’t imagine that the little pot thing would hold up to a wreck.
I don't remember the exact differences between the noble and noble pro, but I use a pro for buggy racing. The response feels basically instant and I've played with the channel timers and throttle curves (that you can change in real time on the touch screen) and can dial in launches to exactly what you're looking for.

LHS in my area told me BSR pinks are the way to go. I bought a set but haven't used them yet due to weather. I have a Futaba 7PXR where you can dial in launches, throttle curve, throttle speed, dual rates, etc. It also has traction control which I haven't been able to completely get working but it does help some based on me trying it. The 7PXR is hella expensive though. RadioLink recently came out with a new radio that from what I saw on they're website has all the same features as the Futaba for about a third of the price. If I wasn't so invested in the Futaba I would definitely give it try. All the fast guys I've seen run the Futaba 7PXR though. As far as batteries the fast guys I've seen run SMC, PowerHobby, and even Zeee. The Zeee tend to loose current quicker but for the first 2 or 3 pulls pack a good punch. I've seen guys use them once or twice then swap them out for a new pack. SMC and PowerHobby seem to more consistent. I've also seen guys use the smaller packs to save weight since you really only get 3 to 6 good pulls of any pack once you're all geared up and going all out.

Here's a link for the RadioLink: https://www.radiolink.com/rc8x

About to swap these new shocks in and was wondering shock fluid weight? Was thinking 500cst front and 400 for the back? Also was thinking of lowering the front with fuel tubing.

20230221_201757.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back