Notorious Advice on locking diff and wheels and tire combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ2u

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Notorious
Hi just received my Notorious /Outcast probably going to do a complete strip down as I always do on RTR. A few questions wheels and tires in the crawling world Beadlock and high grip in the world of bashing? Recommendations please also do any of you lock your diffs that's it for now I'm sure to have more later on sorry if this is all a bit basic but never had a stunt truck and not too keen on totalling first time out.

The wheels and tires that come on the notorious are awesome for bashing. As far as locking the diffs I’d say don’t but I would change the diff fluids I run 60k/200k/30k (front/centre/rear) it helps keep the front tires from ballooning

The wheels and tires that come on the notorious are awesome for bashing. As far as locking the diffs I’d say don’t but I would change the diff fluids I run 60k/200k/30k (front/centre/rear) it helps keep the front tires from ballooning

Cheers will do so glued tires best for bashing I can understand why as beads tend to pull out under extreme pressure or that what I found with my Yeti

Cheers will do so glued tires best for bashing I can understand why as beads tend to pull out under extreme pressure or that what I found with my Yeti
Oh don’t get me wrong the glued tires also come undone but usually just small sections I just re glue them before it gets worse

unfortunately I know nothing even Arrma not perfect

unfortunately I know nothing even Arrma not perfect
I’m sure you have some knowledge especially if you were into crawlers. No rc company is perfect but I’d put arrma on top with a few others. Traxxas at the bottom of the toilet with :poop::poop::poop:

After what they did to Arrma I totally agree but as far as I know traxxas stole the bits in question from someone else who did not patient it unfortunately they seem to be intent on getting rid of any body else

If you really don't intend on "crawling" with it, then 100k/500k/100k works really well whether you run on 6S or 4S. Helps to get plenty of power to the rear tires when on the throttle while still leaving some give for landing jumps. My buddy runs the same in his talion as we both run/bash at the same spots.

That feels really stiff when your turning the diffs by hand outside of the truck, but once you install/shim them, it's not near as stiff as it seems.

In my savage flux, I'm running 50/750/50 with a center diff transmission and wish I had 100 for the front/rear on it. The 750 in that thing felt like concrete, but 500 wasn't quite enough to do the job.

I have no intention to crawl with the Arrma already have 2 crawlers + rock racer Arrma is to have fun at speed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back