Granite Advice on proline badlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwatchTV

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi

Took my granite for its first proper bash session today. Had a fantastic time, but managed to suffer a blowout on the front tyre.

Was looking to upgrade to some badlands anyway but just after some advice.

I've seen videos that say you can get away with just fixing them on using 12mm hex. And others that say you also need 17mm adapters.

I'm based in the UK, and the videos I've seen seem to recommend HR adapters. Unfortunately these aren't readily available over here. So should just 12mm hexes be OK?

Edit - just thought id add, these are the badlands I've ordered - https://www.align-trex.co.uk/rc-car...ack-f11-electric-front-wheels-pl10125-14.html

Hi

Took my granite for its first proper bash session today. Had a fantastic time, but managed to suffer a blowout on the front tyre.

I've seen videos that say you can get away with just fixing them on using 12mm hex. And others that say you also need 17mm adapters.

I'm based in the UK, and the videos I've seen seem to recommend HR adapters. Unfortunately these aren't readily available over here. So should just 12mm hexes be OK?

Edit - just thought id add, these are the badlands I've ordered - https://www.align-trex.co.uk/rc-car...ack-f11-electric-front-wheels-pl10125-14.html

The Badlands are good tires....If available in your area get the one with the removable hex and you are good all way round....14mm currently or change to 17mm..... no need to worry about 12mm on the Granite with Badlands

I have these and I love them!
Removable hex?

2961F7DC-AFB7-4983-AEC4-8DF0D3DEF648.png

I run the 17mm Bandlands (with the HR adapters) and like them. My next set will be the Trenchers as I prefer the thread design.

The Badlands are good tires....If available in your area get the one with the removable hex and you are good all way round....14mm currently or change to 17mm..... no need to worry about 12mm on the Granite with Badlands

Thanks for the advice, but damn, all out of stock here in UK.

The wheels I've linked above would I just order these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313175350698

I already have some 12mm hexes thanks to my old Tamiyas.

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid. But just want to be sure

I was thinking of getting the new BRCC. Without the HR adapters available, I would personally have bought 17mm wheels and get the 3s Typhon axles. I've not seen many people do this but I'm sure it's possible. You'll need these parts to convert it:

AR310904 - 17mm wheel hexes
AR310905 - axles
AR310906 - 17mm wheel nuts
AR713029 - drive pins
AR722310 - drive pin screws

I was thinking of getting the new BRCC. Without the HR adapters available, I would personally have bought 17mm wheels and get the 3s Typhon axles. I've not seen many people do this but I'm sure it's possible. You'll need these parts to convert it:

AR310904 - 17mm wheel hexes
AR310905 - axles
AR310906 - 17mm wheel nuts
AR713029 - drive pins
AR722310 - drive pin screws

just get the badlands with removable hexs, that way you can use 17/14/12 hexs to your liking

just get the badlands with removable hexs, that way you can use 17/14/12 hexs to your liking
True! The idea is great although I've heard the plastic removable hexes can crack prematurely. Maybe they've been improved since? Personally, I'd prefer 17mm hexes on all of the 3s cars for more readily available choices on wheels, but I guess Arrma had to keep within the budget

I run the 17mm Bandlands (with the HR adapters) and like them. My next set will be the Trenchers as I prefer the thread design.
I run both as well. Badlands definitely have more grip!
Hi

That really stinks that you cannot get the HR parts. That’s what I’m running on my BR and Granite.
2DE02F28-372E-4F62-B3DD-5BC5CB761631.jpeg
08E127A7-47C5-44FF-A279-428F9A71C36E.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, but damn, all out of stock here in UK.

The wheels I've linked above would I just order these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313175350698

I already have some 12mm hexes thanks to my old Tamiyas.

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid. But just want to be sure

I need to research first I am not 100% if they will work or not...

Gone with some cheap alternatives to the HR's. Hope they hold up (the reviews were good).

Will post pics when all done

your HR adapters look totally different to mine

Aluminum-Heavy-Duty-17mm-Hex-Hub-10mm-Offset-Adapter-for-1-10-Arrma-4X4-Vehicle-Granite.jpg_q50.jpg

The ones I have are made of chocolate, they chip everytime i remove the wheels :( haven't tried them with heavy bashing yet.

I converted my granite to a typhon but kept the granite axles so fitted these HR adapters with ProLine Badlands XTR buggy wheels, didnt like buggy wheels at all though so i sold them and gone back to running the standard granite wheels now without the HR adapters.

waiting for the UK to get stock of the badlands MX28's somewhere now.

your HR adapters look totally different to mine

Aluminum-Heavy-Duty-17mm-Hex-Hub-10mm-Offset-Adapter-for-1-10-Arrma-4X4-Vehicle-Granite.jpg_q50.jpg

The ones I have are made of chocolate, they chip everytime i remove the wheels :( haven't tried them with heavy bashing yet.

I converted my granite to a typhon but kept the granite axles so fitted these HR adapters with ProLine Badlands XTR buggy wheels, didnt like buggy wheels at all though so i sold them and gone back to running the standard granite wheels now without the HR adapters.

waiting for the UK to get stock of the badlands MX28's somewhere now.
This is the set I have on both the Granite and BR.
1D71BE3A-8E69-48A8-B5ED-63AD05BD4ADF.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back