Advice on removing this part

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freedom556

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Looks like I sheared the screws on my kraton V3 bumper... no idea on how to get them out.

The screws aren’t threaded in the aluminum so you maybe need to grind the bent screw down on the right to be flush and then it should just pop off.

Then use pliers to back the screws out...or grind a flat in the end of the screw and use a standard screwdriver to back them out.

Yeah, should be able to pull the aluminum brace off which leaves 2-3mm of the bolt to work with and using a pair of dykes or good pliers to grip the stump and back it out 1/4 turn at a time. I wouldn't bother trying to dremel a slot in it as that will likely heat it up enough to melt the threads into the screw making it even harder to remove.

If I order the rpm front bumper/skid plate do I still need the stock front bumper to hold the aluminium plate on?

If I order the rpm front bumper/skid plate do I still need the stock front bumper to hold the aluminium plate on?

Order the stock bumper for the Typhon and use that. You need it to hold the pins in.

I kept the stock piece, but removed the wide bumper part when I installed the RPM one.

This was from the night I bought it:
2018-0726-ArrmaOutcast-TopBodyOff.jpg

Vs now:
2018-1225-OutcastSideBodyOff.jpg

I think I did get longer screws for the front/rear skids, but that was more due to also having 3/16" steel wear plates as I was grinding through the plastic skids at the skate park at a pretty quick rate.
2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

Adding those required a bit longer screw as I didn't feel it was getting enough threads in the plastic.

Forgot about this thread... I snapped the one off my outcast for a 3rd time. For some reason, I thought the kraton bumper was the smaller one and ordered it. It doesn't even fit well with the M2C 7075 chassis. I had to start the screws with the bumper not locked into the chassis/bulkhead, then screw them in a bit at a time to suck the bumper in. Even then, it still stuck out... so I cut it off with a saw, then ground the sharp edges off.

Then I did what I usually do when I can't buy something that does what I want... I cobble a mess together and hope. lol!

I made a bumper spacer bolted to the RPM bumper with a grommet on the back to touch the face of the bulkhead when compressed. I cut a recessed hole in the grommet so there's about 3/4" of compression before the screw sticks out. Hoping it doesn't push through the diff case! Kind of what I used to do on my
t-maxx's and savages. If it works, I might pretty it up a bit, or at least use a piece of black plastic so it doesn't stand out so much.

At rest on the left, compressed in the middle, pulled away on the right:
2020-0714-Outcast-FrontBumperSupport.jpg

Forgot about this thread... I snapped the one off my outcast for a 3rd time. For some reason, I thought the kraton bumper was the smaller one and ordered it. It doesn't even fit well with the M2C 7075 chassis. I had to start the screws with the bumper not locked into the chassis/bulkhead, then screw them in a bit at a time to suck the bumper in. Even then, it still stuck out... so I cut it off with a saw, then ground the sharp edges off.

Then I did what I usually do when I can't buy something that does what I want... I cobble a mess together and hope. lol!

I made a bumper spacer bolted to the RPM bumper with a grommet on the back to touch the face of the bulkhead when compressed. I cut a recessed hole in the grommet so there's about 3/4" of compression before the screw sticks out. Hoping it doesn't push through the diff case! Kind of what I used to do on my
t-maxx's and savages. If it works, I might pretty it up a bit, or at least use a piece of black plastic so it doesn't stand out so much.

At rest on the left, compressed in the middle, pulled away on the right:
2020-0714-Outcast-FrontBumperSupport.jpg
Those white plastic cutting boards +elbow grease have solved a lot of problems for me over the years.. (y) (y) (y)

I bought my V4 Kraton from a guy on e-bay, and it came with the T-bone bumper. Well I find it crazy that the hinge pins can - and do - come out so easily.. So I ordered a normal Kraton bumper. So that won't fit in any way in conjunction with the T-bone? I also ordered the RPM bumper, which I already have, cuz the T-bone doesn't seem to fit(or look...) all that great... Now I have just ordered the plastic bits set with the smaller bumper, but that will take a month to get here. So I guess the Kraton bumper I ordered is usless then? Thanks..

Those white plastic cutting boards +elbow grease have solved a lot of problems for me over the years.. (y) (y) (y)
I have a black one as well, but it was late at night and I didn't want to annoy my wife by cutting a chunk out of it with the sawsall. I had this piece just laying on my bench, so I fiddled with it a bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back