Affordable 1/10 scale aluminium shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These Integy's I'm using are working great. I can haul ass across an uneven surface like a really crappy gravel road and they just soak it up and the truck looks like it's on smooth pavement, until you start watching the wheels instead of the body. Doesn't get unsettled at all.
Did you get them in the U.S.? Can you post a link please?

Related to this topic, wondered if anyone had found some springs to use with the stock shocks. I am waiting on the STRC caps/and rear bodies. :cool:

Arrma shock springs fronts AR330066 are 49.5mm (75.3gf/mm) and rears AR330067 are 69.5mm (47GF/MM) per Arrma Website. Couldn't find any mention of these in the forums as I was looking at the Associated Factory Team Truck/Buggy Rear Spring Kit #1582 which according to Tower Hobbies measure 70mm.
For the fronts the Assoc. kit #1580 lists length at 57mm. Pretty reasonable when I saw the much longer ECX springs used successfully.

I haven't tested these, and I don't wanna guinea pig this one. Wasted too much money doing that on previous upgrades:confused:. If anyone has those or can find the inner/outer diameter listed, it might be a solution.

Edit: Well, I did it again... I might be buying the fronts. Waiting on offer acceptance. We'll see.

Hi all, for those in australia - i have just fitted up a pair of HSP shocks. Work bloody awsome and a pretty much a straight swap over.
See part numbers below.

Hsp aluminum adjustable shocks (78-110mm) - part # HSP-760001BLU
HSP 5.8MM REAR HUB carrier pivot balls (work for front and back) - part # HSP-60039

Set up works a treat. For all under $30 aus

Cheers

Anyone know how these compare with the STR direct fit upgrades?

Hood1983 - Any chance you can take a quick pic of the HSP next to stock? I think stock is the same size pretty much as STR shocks. Tough to find info on shock body dimensions etc. Cheers

Ill probably regret it, but I just ordered these for my Granite.... we shall see!
Ebay Big Bore
I have the same ones. I’m not in a position to really grade them, as I’m new to the hobby, but they don’t leak. Springs that came with mine are way too stiff. Using the stock springs on the rear.

I have the same ones. I’m not in a position to really grade them, as I’m new to the hobby, but they don’t leak. Springs that came with mine are way too stiff. Using the stock springs on the rear.
I have heard to use the stock springs as well. Ill definitely try that.... I too am new and don't really know much on performance rating. haha

I was wondering a buddy of mine got into the drifting hobby over the bashing and he has some left over zd racing 1/8 110mm and 135mm would these work on the senton I know I might have to space them back a bit so the clear the A arms but would the length work?

I was wondering a buddy of mine got into the drifting hobby over the bashing and he has some left over zd racing 1/8 110mm and 135mm would these work on the senton I know I might have to space them back a bit so the clear the A arms but would the length work?

I realize this reply comes super late but the answer is yes they will. I have ordered the same for my Senton after doing some extensive research. Then I found this on the forum.

Screenshot_20200519-233706_Samsung Internet.jpg

I realize this reply comes super late but the answer is yes they will. I have ordered the same for my Senton after doing some extensive research. Then I found this on the forum.

View attachment 81400
I'm actually going to be putting in mine this weekend hopefully the stock shocks are trash have been running with out oil in them but I do only bash not a racer but hopefully the ZD shocks don't leak

I'm actually going to be putting in mine this weekend hopefully the stock shocks are trash have been running with out oil in them but I do only bash not a racer but hopefully the ZD shocks don't leak

? On the bright side, if they do leak it cant be any worse than the stock ones! ? Stock shocks def have a design flaw. I haven't heard any horror stories of them leaking. If I had, I wouldn't have purchased them for myself...that being said, mine wont arrive for a month so I have not tested them. If you do get yours in I would be eager to hear how they perform, so keep me posted!

Must be hard to land those jumps with no oil! I'm a basher through and through as well...so much so, I spent an entire day on the weekend building bash ramps for my yard...2 kickers and a tabletop

20200518_114430.jpg
20200518_183344.jpg
20200518_183449.jpg

? On the bright side, if they do leak it cant be any worse than the stock ones! ? Stock shocks def have a design flaw. I haven't heard any horror stories of them leaking. If I had, I wouldn't have purchased them for myself...that being said, mine wont arrive for a month so I have not tested them. If you do get yours in I would be eager to hear how they perform, so keep me posted!

Must be hard to land those jumps with no oil! I'm a basher through and through as well...so much so, I spent an entire day on the weekend building bash ramps for my yard...2 kickers and a tabletop

View attachment 81402View attachment 81403View attachment 81404
Yeah ill definitely let u know how I like them and u got alot more yard then I do hahaha I take mine to bmx park and just open fields I have my little plastic skate board/bmx ramp

I have read through the thread. A lot of good info on Granite shocks.

Anyone have any suggestions for shock upgrades on the OutCast 4S

Yeah ill definitely let u know how I like them and u got alot more yard then I do hahaha I take mine to bmx park and just open fields I have my little plastic skate board/bmx ramp

Yeah pretty lucky here...3 acres of cut lawn surrounding the house that is good for big jumps...180 acres of various bushland behind the house with tons of quad trails and natural jumps. Nearest park or skate park is more than a half hour away so it's a huge timesaver to just do it in the yard. Put the kids to bed and spend a couple hrs bashing (if I don't break anything that is ?) and no driving required ?

Did you get those shocks installed? Curious to know how they work. My stock ones are leaking like mad so hope my set of ZD's arrives soon!

Look at the original date for this thread, 3 years before the 4x4 platform was even released.

Well, as a newbie here there's absolutely no way I'd know that. I've literally known about Arrma for about 5 weeks and any research I have done has been on the models I own, not the ones I don't. I had no idea the date of this thread predated anything...

I am curious as to what the relevance of this little tid bit is? Have we broken some rule I don't know about?...?‍♂️

Well, as a newbie here there's absolutely no way I'd know that. I've literally known about Arrma for about 5 weeks and any research I have done has been on the models I own, not the ones I don't. I had no idea the date of this thread predated anything...

I am curious as to what the relevance of this little tid bit is? Have we broken some rule I don't know about?...?‍♂️
Well considering the models are completely different and none of the information contained within this thread applies to the 4x4 models I would say it is kind of pointless to be posting in this thread for information about the 3s or 4s shocks as we already have a thread dedicated to that. It is right below this one.

Well considering the models are completely different and none of the information contained within this thread applies to the 4x4 models I would say it is kind of pointless to be posting in this thread for information about the 3s or 4s shocks as we already have a thread dedicated to that. It is right below this one.

Then perhaps one of you forum moderators should modify the thread title and make that a little more clear for the other 98% of us users who aren't Arrma geniuses? Just a thought, and I still fail to see the harm in it...I was merely helping/chatting with a fellow member who clearly wasnt in the know just as I wasnt...the other members are more than welcome to skip over it. I'll have no ill will if they do. Or you can remove it. I'm fine either way ?‍♂️

Anyways, as fun as this has been...✌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back