Affordable 1/10 scale aluminium shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea. Will ask next time I visit them. The only thing i can say is that they are stiffer than the originals.

Depends if the shock has membranes, piggy bags or nothing (like the stock Arrma plastic shocks)

All have their own method for filling.

I use between 300 - 400 sct weight silicon shock oil. Default Arrma 1/10 is 350 sct

88mm is just too long. You might run into problems with the front steering when jumping (fully extended)

I am waiting for over 4 months now on the front Fastrax shocks and stiffer springs.
Really agonizing this wait. Cannot finalize the new BLX Mojave I have...:(

The problem with the G-Made is that is too wide for the front A arm

I am still waiting for an answer on the spring diameter for this one:

http://www.maxpowerrccars.com.au/t4...ale-all-terrain-scale-trucks-c25387black.html

Have anybody try the shocks from Yeah Racing, this is the link for the ones I think we could use on the back:

http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/dp1007ti-alloy-100mm-damper-buggy-allinone-value-pack-p-1879.html

you ever hear back from maxpower rc on those shocks?

Your welcome URC...:)
But question; Shorter is less worse that longer?...o_O

Correct! These are only 3mm shorter than the original ones, and I suspect they come from the same factory as Fastrax got them from.
There is also a version of 77mm available at Conrad I found out, which has no ride height clips but threaded rings. I personally like the clips more.

I did not find any different grade springs for it, and as the Fastrax they are not big bore.

Clips is personal, does not matter much for the performance.
The 96mm (second link) is 10mm too short, since the "inbouwmaat" (translates as pitch-distance) is 85mm instead of 95mm.
If you want to lower your car that is a solution, if not I would suggest the 95mm version instead I linked above.

Did you find any other grade springs?

@Unusual RC ,But you don't work with crazy people... :D

And knowing Conrad I suspect they have them in stock...Otherwise they wouldn't be featured on the website...And I have seen there warehouse in Germany...It could fit the Amzone.de several times...Its F******G Huge...:eek:

These Fastrax/Absima springs do fit the Arrma stock shocks, as many other springs.

The stock shocks are progressive: during the full travel in of the shock the resistance is not linear, which it should.
Also most caps will sooner or later start to leak oil.
Also the shock cylinders lack a membrane to compensate the body volume of the shock rod when it travels in. This means there should always be some air in it to not create a fluid lock (fluids are not compressible, gasses are).
In order to prevent the air to mix with the oil there should be a membrane.

So to conclude there are three reasons for upgrading:

1. Better shocks give better handling
2. For bashing stiffer shocks and springs are wanted to prevent bottoming out
3. Be able to change different springs to accommodate different tracks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back