Affordable 1/10 scale aluminium shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

Im new to the forum and new to RC. i had picked up a Fury Mega 2WD and would like the upgrade the shocks. can someone just post the link to where i can buy a good set out front and rear shocks and point out what weight oil and springs needed for the shocks.

that would be great!!!!! thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

Otherwise you can also have a look at posts 49, 51 and 54 in this thread on what I did.

Post #49 are the Absima shocks. I emailed them and the fronts will fit, so they're an option.

Post #51 and #54 are the ones I tried. They work well and price was good, can't complain.

As for shock oil....just depends on what you're doing, what surface you're running on and your driving style / preferences I guess. I say buy a few different weights and experiment on what works best for you. Currently I'm running 300 front and 400 rear.

Last edited:
Eventually gonna get intgey piggybacks for the slash and put them on my granite.

Im gonna try and see if the traxas metal shock caps will work first.

Did help my shock popping situation with some blue locktite...but it only worked for one battery pack... didnt want to use much... just a quick q tip brush on and done.

Hi

I just ordered a set of the Traxxas aluminum shock caps for my Raider XL. I am also in the possess of getting some older A.E. RC10T3/T4 shocks.

Last edited:
Update:

The Abisma shocks fit perfectly into my Mojave...And they do work pretty well...:)
It was just a female dog filling them with oil...Especially with a 3 year old running arround you...:eek::confused::oops:
So I had to buy some more shock oil...:rolleyes:

Hi

Me again, it looks like the shocks for the OFNA Jamming CRT will also fit. That's what the guy in this video says.

Im gonna try and see if the traxas metal shock caps will work first.

Did help my shock popping situation with some blue locktite...but it only worked for one battery pack... didnt want to use much... just a quick q tip brush on and done.

Hi

I got the traxas aluminum shock caps in and they do not fit. They have a much finer thread pitch then the Arrma shocks. I could force them to fit by just turning them until them bottomed out but that would just re-thread the shock threads. And you also have to get smaller bushings for the top mount.

The Traxxas Ultra shocks in the rear and the superglue on the front caps has been working for me for over a month now on my Granite BLS. I haven't been able to run quite as much as I'd like, but I've pushed/jumped the truck harder than normal and even let some newbies drive it and I'm happy to report no popped caps or shock problems.

Hi

Here are the caps that I got 3767X for ultra shocks, are these the same ones you used.

Just got traxxas shock caps and they do have some gap, but haven't had leaking issues yet. I found some small metal tubes to replace the rubber that centers the cap.

Gonna test them on friday for reliablity. Not too sure with the gap but i been bouncing it all night by hand and haven't seen bubbles as of yet
Hi

Here are the caps that I got 3767X for ultra shocks, are these the same ones you used.

Hi

Any chance you could post a quick picture of how they look. I'm worried that if I put these on I might mess my shocks up.

Hi

Any chance you could post a quick picture of how they look. I'm worried that if I put these on I might mess my shocks up.
1446015853506-1951128115.jpg

Hi

I tried the 3767A Traxxas shock caps, (The blue ones vs the 3767X red ones you have), and I also noticed the threads seem to be finer but I could get them to fit as Darren Wes has. Ultimately I decided to just go with all new Traxxas Ultra shocks which is what I referenced in my previous posts.

I'm not using the 3767A caps right now. If someone is interested in them let me know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back