Affordable 1/10 scale aluminium shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbelloso

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
This is the centre to centre fixation distance for:

Mojave/Fury: 78 mm front
Mojave/Fury: 98 mm rear
Biggest diameter possible: ø 16 mm (maximum width of wishbone is 19 mm)

I haven't used them myself but I've heard that Tower Hobbies house brand shocks are pretty good for an affordable price. I've also been looking into getting aluminum shocks for my raider and I've been looking around also

Have a look at the Traxxas Big Bores for the Slash/Rustlers, they're pretty good and can be found for a decent price. Proline's shocks are also some highly rated 1/10 scale shocks that offer a ton of tuning options but are double the price of the Big Bores. I'm actually running the stock shocks from a Losi Ten-SCT on my Rusty and they are great, I highly suggest them for a badger if they'll fit.

Hi Walter, you need to find the spring diameter. it should be less than 18mm because that is the space available in the a arms in the front.

Hi Walter, you need to find the spring diameter. it should be less than 18mm because that is the space available in the a arms in the front.

That's why I was asking if anyone had tried them. The next step was to ask them to measure. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have first hand experience with them and I'm not able to buy them just to test and risk being wrong.

I figure they were the right length and that provides at least an option for someone that might be willing to assume the risk of purchasing for a test.

SIGH: All of this would be so much easier if Arrma would release the aluminum upgrades they announced in 2013. (http://forum.goforit-rc.com/showthr...d-aluminium-red-upgrade-shocks-for-1-10-scale)

I did own a Axial AX-10 once.
And those shocks are different from what we need. So this might fit, but I am not sure if the stiffness of the springs would be too weak, or is the hole(s) size(s) in the pistons not too large?

Crawlers go slow, and need slow dampening of the shocks, and very soft springs.

Just my thought!

In the R/C Tech forums Fury thread one poster was using Jammin CRT.5 shocks on the Fury with good results and another is using some from Hot-Racing for the Traxxas Slash 4X4.

Here's the thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/602295-arrma-fury-sct-hopups.html

I can't for the life of me find a set of the Jammin for sale anywhere so I'm not sure that actually does anyone any good. :/

Went to my LHS and got this springs for the back:
photo 11.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back