Affordable decent 3D printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are what I’ve narrowed it down to -the s5, don’t want that big of initial investment, I’ve got the cr6se in my cart on amazon, but I read some about early issues of them smoking out. I think it’s been resolved, but the last thing I want to do is start a fire in my house.
Did you narrow it down to the Pro or the Plus?

They are decent now..as long as you get a revised version.. (which I'm sure you will).. they had issues with the bed leveling sensor for a while..

Also keep in mind that the cr10s pro and the crx both use a 24v power supply, and the bed is switched with a SSR (solid state relay) instead of the typically mosfet driven bed heaters...

these ssr's fail quite often, I had one melt down the other day stuck in the on position on my crx.. bed ran away to 160c and if I didnt smell the cooking plastic when I did it would have been on fire in no time...

This being said the best thing you can do is either switch out the ssr immediately with a 100a ssr and heat sink it.. or switch back over to mosfet driven...

Just figured I'd put that info out there so you know what your getting into with the crx or cr10s pro..

Also, btw, touch screen isn't any kind of upgrade, they suck actually...?
Is this the same for the cr6se, I think it says it’s power supply is 24v or has it been updated for it?
Did you narrow it down to the Pro or the Plus?
Thinking of cr6se.

Is this the same for the cr6se, I think it says it’s power supply is 24v or has it been updated for it?

Thinking of cr6se.

Unsure of the inner workings of the cr6se.. try to find a video of it opened up.. ?

Unsure of the inner workings of the cr6se.. try to find a video of it opened up.. ?
I’ve seen it opened up On a few video but I don’t know what I’m looking for. ??‍♂️
I found this?

Attachments

• 799C25A1-1EC1-4C8E-BB4D-10E92EE795B1.jpeg
    799C25A1-1EC1-4C8E-BB4D-10E92EE795B1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
I’ve seen it opened up On a few video but I don’t know what I’m looking for. ??‍♂️
I found this?

Need to see the whole thing opened.. if an ssr is used its external to the board and usually mounted to the casing of the machine..if the only thing inside is a main board and fans then it uses an integrated board mosfet.. which alot of creality machines do...?
Here is a picture of my ssr melted off of its base... if you don't see this anywhere in the case, then it doesn't have one...?

Attachments

• 20200916_003504.jpg
    20200916_003504.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 42
1h55m in Starts to get a good look inside. Trying to post screenshots but I’m getting some must accept cookie error I’ve never experienced here before.
Working now don’t know what the heck was up?

147C1454-83FF-4240-B5B7-9A32D843D6ED.jpeg

4E377077-DA85-4312-AAED-B8316CECBEC2.png

It’s ordered, be here Monday. Any recommendations on good source of info I.e. forums, websites, YouTube channels?

It’s ordered, be here Monday. Any recommendations on good source of info I.e. forums, websites, YouTube channels?
CHEP, 3DPN, and Teaching Tech

What filament do you all like to use? I’d like to start with some rc parts(thingaverse downloads) and some organizer type stuff Maybe. Trying to walk before I run on this thing.

I just ordered the Overture PETG from amazon per your recommendation. @jondilly1974 you haven't steered me wrong yet!!!! I appreciate your insight on this forum as a whole but also in the 3d Printing area.

I'm shopping for another printer already. Nothing wrong with this one, but I want something larger for larger non-rc projects. BL leveling is a must. I have no issues leveling the ENDER 3 Pro bed, but I just want it as a feature. I'm having entirely too much fun! I also want to be able to print multiple projects at one. This will go perfectly with my sherline cnc lathe that I'm about to go take out of storage as soon as the weather lets up.

I just ordered the Overture PETG from amazon per your recommendation. @jondilly1974 you haven't steered me wrong yet!!!! I appreciate your insight on this forum as a whole but also in the 3d Printing area.

I'm shopping for another printer already. Nothing wrong with this one, but I want something larger for larger non-rc projects. BL leveling is a must. I have no issues leveling the ENDER 3 Pro bed, but I just want it as a feature. I'm having entirely too much fun! I also want to be able to print multiple projects at one. This will go perfectly with my sherline cnc lathe that I'm about to go take out of storage as soon as the weather lets up.
My next printer will have a larger bed. Looking for 500x500mm build plate. Too many times I’ve been limited in my designs due to a 220x220mm bed.

Fyi they make kits to make the ender 3 bigger you might want to consider.

https://enderextender.com/

But I have an Ender 5 ??
Too bad for you I guess, but maybe good for @jhunter with his E3 pro ?. It'd be a bit more cost effective to get the print area he's after but obviously not if he's really wanting a second printer to do simultaneous jobs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back