Affordable ESC options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogda89

Reaction score
We all like cheap brushless upgrades. But it seems there is not too many options like there use to be.

I never had luck with cheap ebay escs. I had at least 4 and they all died within 3 packs.

Hobbyking stuff is ok in my opinion, but they don't have almost any options anymore. I had good luck with rebranded skyrc toro and some of their other rebrands, but again, limited availability.

There use to be decent stuff from other companies like skyrc, ztw flycolor, but not anymore.

Hobbywing electronics is awesome, never had any issues with them, the are a good value, but not really super cheap.

It kinda sucks that there is no more competition and that only meaningful choice is hobbywing. Do you have any other recommendations?

What’s your definition of cheap?
+1000. Hard to answer a question without context. $100-120 is cheap to some, but might not be to someone else. Jenny's has 100a Spektrum's for $41. Not the best thing in the world, but that's dirt cheap IMO.

+1000. Hard to answer a question without context. $100-120 is cheap to some, but might not be to someone else. Jenny's has 100a Spektrum's for $41. Not the best thing in the world, but that's dirt cheap IMO.
I apologize. I was thinking of cheaper alternative to hobbywing but not ebay catch on fire on first pack esc

I apologize. I was thinking of cheaper alternative to hobbywing but not ebay catch on fire on first pack esc
If $40ish sounds good, check out Jenny's. They have a ton of new pulls in that price range. You can get an entire brushless system including a servo and receiver for around $100. ESCs and Brushless motors seem to average around $40 each. None of it is top of the line equipment (it's factory electronics), but it's miles better than no-name ebay stuff.

If $40ish sounds good, check out Jenny's. They have a ton of new pulls in that price range. You can get an entire brushless system including a servo and receiver for around $100. ESCs and Brushless motors seem to average around $40 each. None of it is top of the line equipment (it's factory electronics), but it's miles better than no-name ebay stuff.
I just checked jenny rc. Ordered some parts this summer from them. 41$ for 3s and 81$ for 6s good quality ESC is definitely a very good pricing

What size you shopping for? For smaller 1/10 scale the onyx motor esc combo you find on tower/horizon site was solid for me. I have the 4000kv motor version. Obviously not a combo for most Arrmas though.

I always heard that if you are going to go cheap in electronics, the ESC is not the place to do it. Getting a rebranded HW from a Arrma or Team Corally and go cheap/affordable with the motor/servo is a better choice. YRMV...
Good luck
Hurricane

I don't know what voltages we are working with here but for the Arrma 6s stuff, you can get a Hexfly 6 (Rebranded HW Max 6). If using the slock motor the connectors will need to be changed. I recommend the second motor if going this way but it's out of stock (1730kv)
ESC: https://nitrohobbies.com/hx-hex6-160-6s/
uses 6.5 Bullet Connectors (Female)
Aftermarket motor with the right connectors to go with it (optional)
1) https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...ensorless-motor-1-8-truggy-monster-truck.html

2) https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...ensorless-motor-1-8-truggy-monster-truck.html

Hobbywing bl150a quikrun.jennyrc has them for like 70$$$.stock redcat kuiju esc.mine was bulletproof an performed great.more programming options than the max series

1641104186568727094319794578455.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back