Felony After Market Fans/Heatsink

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
I looking for a fan setup for the Arrma 1/7 road cars? Any suggestions would be appreciated! I have already tried a twin fan 40 mm set up from PowerHobbies! The clamp wouldn't fit!
Also I have read many mixed reviews about the Ebrake, and the support for the rear drive! I once read a reply that said that the Ebrake and the support makes the car BLOATED! I agree but I have yet to drive my new Infraction/BLUE! Doing some up grades!

Last edited:
I run the powerhobby fans on most my rigs I run the 36-38mm on my castle 2200Kv and the 47-49mm on my hobbywing 1650kv in my Infraction. I took out the rear support and the Ebrake (hell I had to turn down my brake on the ESC (max6) to 37.5% to keep the front from digging into the road)! I did install a titanium rear drive shaft to help with weight and balance. I never liked the Ebrake I thought to myself what if I put a Ebrake setup on my Razor what would happen (IT WOULD MELT DOWN) hell my real brakes get red hot at the dunes!

I looking for a fan setup for the Arrma 1/7 road cars? Any suggestions would be appreciated! I have already tried a twin fan 40 mm set up from PowerHobbies! The clamp wouldn't fit!
Also I have read many mixed reviews about the Ebrake, and the support for the rear drive! I once read a reply that said that the Ebrake and the support makes the car BLOATED! I agree but I have yet to drive my new Infraction/BLUE! Doing some up grades!
Then you got the wrong clamp. Powerhobby has three different sizes. 40-42mm, 47-49mm and 56-58mm (the 40-42mm clamp fits on 49mm motors too however, I do it all the time). I don't see how the ebrake would make the car "bloated". I don't think a 5-8hp motor is going to give one iota about an extra 200g of weight. I thought the ebrake was fun for the time while I had it installed. I know that opinions vary wildly on the ebrake but, if nothing else, it provides you with a secondary brake should your pinion come loose.

Try something of this nature from @3d-rc.myshopify.com.. but don't copy my ishh !! 🤣

20220713_200113.jpg

20220111_093012_HDR.jpg

I run the powerhobby fans on most my rigs I run the 36-38mm on my castle 2200Kv and the 47-49mm on my hobbywing 1650kv in my Infraction. I took out the rear support and the Ebrake (hell I had to turn down my brake on the ESC (max6) to 37.5% to keep the front from digging into the road)! I did install a titanium rear drive shaft to help with weight and balance. I never liked the Ebrake I thought to myself what if I put a Ebrake setup on my Razor what would happen (IT WOULD MELT DOWN) hell my real brakes get red hot at the dunes!
U got a link to them fans, tried a PowerHobby setup no luck! That digging in the road socks! That sucks to because I just bought a allow handbrake module, and a alluminium rear support! I also tried putting in Titanium front/rear dogbones! They go in with the stock front/rear Chassi supports! But when I tried some aftermarket alloy Chassi braces, the back Titanium rear dog bone fit fine, but the front was no go! I got a Black Felony and I am in the process of turning the red parts in to black! As of much as I can minus the shocks! Then I want to put some white aftermarket road tires/rims that I have seen out there! Not sure the Brand! Steel belted of course! Also was planning on going through it and replace some of the chassi parts to Alloy! Keeping the Arms, Hubs, Turnbuckle, and Diff housings plastic! So pretty much all the other parts Alloy! Eventually I want to get more into the hobbie, and mechanics of the hobbie first! I love Arrma products and there Road Cars!

I have 3S lipo fans on mine....but if I were looking at this now... I would go with these here:
https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/p...l-40mm-high-speed-rc-fan-8-volt-plug-and-play

For a fan that powers off the ESC/rx just powerful as my lipo amazing wind it makes over the others for JST connection. They also sell the holders for the motor.

Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back