After market motors and Eclips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
You chaps running after market motors.....from what I’ve seen, these shafts have no provision for pinion security ( or my eyesight sucks).
Is this a concern or do you trust your locktite? Furthermore are you using red or blue locktite on the grub when installing pinions?

cheers,
Allison Chaynz

I thought about free wheeling the motor and using my cut off wheel in my dremel to carefully cut a groove for a clip.

Do any of the other 5th scale electric rcs use eclips on the motors?

I thought about free wheeling the motor and using my cut off wheel in my dremel to carefully cut a groove for a clip.

If you do, get that on vid with sound! :LOL:
Do any of the other 5th scale electric rcs use eclips on the motors?

I haven't seen any other aftermarket 1/5th motors with clips. I have a drawer full.

If you do, get that on vid with sound! :LOL:

I haven't seen any other aftermarket 1/5th motors with clips. I have a drawer full.
In all seriousness I think I could do it. I’d just advance the throttle trim to get it to spin and hit it with the cut off wheel a little until the groove is deep enough. If you put the motor in a crossslide vise and clamp your dremel down it could be done with percision.

The eclip is a great idea for safety and you don’t lose your pinion...

In all seriousness I think I could do it. I’d just advance the throttle trim to get it to spin and hit it with the cut off wheel a little until the groove is deep enough. If you put the motor in a crossslide vise and clamp your dremel down it could be done with percision.

The eclip is a great idea for safety and you don’t lose your pinion...

That way yes! Free hand, please vid! :LOL: I'd be worried about the slot width, I know those dremel wheels get to vibrating and can widen the groove. I guess if that happened you could use 2 clips. Worth a shot! Wouldn't make the motor unusable if it didn't work!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back