after my notorious, i found my new stunt truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell if half of these are you just making up names for whatever happened by complete accident or if your doing it on purpose. Regardless, great job! LOL!

I totally suck at front flips. You and @bicketybam got them down to a science!

I recall OFNA/Hobao having a TVP'ish nitro MT a few years back. Wasn't the most durable thing.

Sweet backyard bash set up!
Liked the Nascar pitstop footage.

This version is a huge upgrade from the last gen. Looks like they address many of the trouble areas. US parts availability is my biggest concern.

I can't tell if half of these are you just making up names for whatever happened by complete accident or if your doing it on purpose. Regardless, great job! LOL!

I totally suck at front flips. You and @bicketybam got them down to a science!

I recall OFNA/Hobao having a TVP'ish nitro MT a few years back. Wasn't the most durable thing.

lol i made a long reply to you about that on my YT chan
OFNA imports various brands, but i don't recall a TVP'ish hobao

lol i made a long reply to you about that on my YT chan
OFNA imports various brands, but i don't recall a TVP'ish hobao

Yeah, Hobao Hyper MT Sport Plus:
http://www.rcdriver.com/hyper-mt-sport-plus-nitro-review/

http://www.competitionx.com/news-feed/review-hobao-hyper-mt-sport-plus-monster-truck/

Isn't that what yours is? not really "TVP" per say, but sort of.
review-hobao-hyper-mt-sport-plus-d9.jpg

Just got the roller today and I'm blown away by its size and how thick the parts are. They were serious about upgrading from the predecessor. It's the same, but its completely different. I'm in the process of tuning all the diffs, changing the wheel hex to 17mm(the stock wheels aren't proportional imo), and painting a different body for this beast. I've installed the hobbywing max6 esc with a hobbystar 1730 motor. I haven't used this combination before so I'll see how it works. I have a 1/5 hitec servo, but I'm afraid it won't fit. I'll post pics later after I've completed the build.

Just got the roller today and I'm blown away by its size and how thick the parts are. They were serious about upgrading from the predecessor. It's the same, but its completely different. I'm in the process of tuning all the diffs, changing the wheel hex to 17mm(the stock wheels aren't proportional imo), and painting a different body for this beast. I've installed the hobbywing max6 esc with a hobbystar 1730 motor. I haven't used this combination before so I'll see how it works. I have a 1/5 hitec servo, but I'm afraid it won't fit. I'll post pics later after I've completed the build.

do you want to put smaller tires ? stock ones are 500gr each

do you want to put smaller tires ? stock ones are 500gr each

Wow 500gr, I can save 440gr(~1lb) using the proline trencher X 3.8 tires instead. If that doesn't look proportional I'll try the losi 3xl-e tires. It's a work in progress at this point, but the chassis is impressive.

Truck appears to be very responsive in the air. Impressive!
i messed it actually ! i forgot that my brake was set to 75% ! too harsh for flights !
Wow 500gr, I can save 440gr(~1lb) using the proline trencher X 3.8 tires instead. If that doesn't look proportional I'll try the losi 3xl-e tires. It's a work in progress at this point, but the chassis is impressive.
yeah ! i shortly tried some proline rockrage : they felt light ! but the truck wasn't as fun !

my setup here:

Werner: your videos are great!

I finally had a chance to run the truck this weekend. I'm a natural terrain basher and here are my thoughts. Turns well on loose dirt for such a big truck, but is awful when turning on a grassy field. I have a protek 170 black series servo and its fast and strong, but the grass renders it almost useless. I am going to tighten the servo saver and see if that helps. After my first run I changed the shock oil to 80wt, that made a huge difference in the way it handled and absorbed jumps. It felt plush like my losi 3xle with the shock oil change. Another annoying thing was the amount of grass captured on my rear axles. I'll have to created rear mud/grass guards for continued use in grassy areas. I also went up one tooth on the 1730kv motor from 18 to 19 and the truck woke up. It really needs a 20t pinion for this setup, but there's only room for a 19. I'm going to try a 2000kv motor and possible a 2200kv. The belted trenchers are about 5 mm taller than the non belted trenchers and keeps the power to ground. Now I want a set for my Kraton. Last item that I noticed was the turnbuckle measurements. The chassis came with the turn buckles set to the factory manual measurements, but my manual came with a one page update to the manual with smaller turnbuckle measurements. With the caution axles can fall out of diff cups if you don't adjust your rc before use. Now I know why the extra diff cups were in the box. This happened to me on a jump and sheared one of my rear diff cups. I made the adjustment and no issues. Overall this is a fun non-truggy, classic monster truck that is built extremely well.

Really wish there was another body with the correct wheel base, but I've been saving this Big Rock body for a while.
20190804_154321.jpg

20190804_155243.jpg

Was always hoping arrma would rerelease the nero platform and fix those areas where patent infringement was a problem. If they did, it would have been similar to this Hobao chassis. I'll try more body options at a later date.
20190804_154514.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back