Aftermarket Arrma Nero Bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schepper

Reaction score
Hello! its almost time for a new body for my Nero. The bak is all floppy and the rear posts are almost ready to pull completely through!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any aftermarket bodies that would fit on the Nero?

Thanks very much!

@Schepper I have heard summit/revo bodies fit and someone said Slash bodies fit.

I have a summit and the stock body is too tall in the back for the stock body posts. The length looked good though so I ordered some other bodies:
I tried a Proline Chevy C10 long bed and it was a little too short in length and height for the Nero. Small truck jacked way up on monster tires.
My wife tried a Proline 2008 Ford F250 and it is closer but not perfect.
The Ford length is closer to what you need but another inch in length would be nice so it fit past the front nose and closer to the bumper so it could sit lower so around 20" in length. The width of both the bodies fits perfectly on the battery boxes at 7" width but there isn't much space on the sides so wider would be good.
The height of the bodies and how far down they need to go to cover the battery boxes is the biggest issue I have as both bodies do not properly cover the boxes and need at least another inch in height. You could probably just leave extra material on the bottom when you are cutting to make it look better.

The closest I see so far that might fit that I will probably try next is the Proline 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Clear Body. I hope aftermarket bodies are more of a thing for the Nero as the stock body was super thin compared to the proline bodies. I have not tried any other brands yet.

I can take pictures if you want.

I'm about to embark on that journey as well. I was hoping that anything that fits a savage will fit the nero as they are similar in chassis layout and size.

Where has my Nero gone? https://imgur.com/gallery/z4r5J

Most true 1/8 bodies will fit. Just try it out before you buy it. This is the proline Baja bug I just did today for my Nero. Love it.
That is bad ass!!!!!! My uncle own a off-road/ baja shop so that is right up my alley. Hahaha!! I was wondering if there was a body like that that would fit!! So getting one!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

I found that the Proline Topkick (Savage XL version) has the longest wheelbase available, but still about an inch short of the Nero wheelbase. I went to my LHS yesterday and put the Big Rock body over the Proline Topkick XL body, and it was a pretty close fit. It might require a little extra cutout at the back wheel wells, but I think it's the best alternative currently available. It typically rides high on other trucks, so I would expect the same. I noticed that the bed of the Big Rock body was deeper than the bed of the Proline. I will most likely be buying and painting one because I don't want to pay $60-80 for another crappy stock body when the Proline are $34+paint. I have the Proline Chevy C10 long bed on my Tmaxx 3.3 and it has taken some solid punishment. The plastic is pretty thick and was challenging to cut out. I'll come back and post a pic when I get it done.

I like that the bug is a tad short because it gives it that authentic Baja butt that you see on some real off-road bugs. I have a master plan to create some ducts that channel directly to the ESC and motor and I want the open butt for air flow. It's hard to get the right perspective in a phone pic.

I used the 1/8 2017 Ford Raptor body from Pro-Line and trimmed the fenders to avoid tire rub. My buddy Cr3pitus has the vw bug body (see above
20161222_121210.jpg
20161222_121217.jpg
20161222_121228.jpg
). So far I am super happy, it is much stronger than the original Nero body and looks like my real life truck so that's super cool! One thing I had to do is ditch the rear body posts and put the front ones in the back (since they are a little taller). For the front I used a set from the big rock (which are even taller).

I used the 1/8 2017 Ford Raptor body from Pro-Line and trimmed the fenders to avoid tire rub. My buddy Cr3pitus has the vw bug body (see aboveView attachment 4616 View attachment 4617 View attachment 4618 ). So far I am super happy, it is much stronger than the original Nero body and looks like my real life truck so that's super cool! One thing I had to do is ditch the rear body posts and put the front ones in the back (since they are a little taller). For the front I used a set from the big rock (which are even taller).
We're so ebony and ivory right now. I still need to fix my new crack

Im trying the proline Chevy Silverado short course body
So far so good

Attachments

• IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_6241.JPG
    IMG_6241.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_6242.JPG
    IMG_6242.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 348
Proline Silverado double cab...this is the body off of my Savage. I'm going to try and stop by the lhs tomorrow. I know they had a few more on the rack...Mike
20170103_172219.jpg
20170103_170331.jpg

Got any side shots? I checked the specs on proline for the Silverado double-cab and it listed the wheel-base at 13"...on paper it looks too short, but the pictures looks good. I have also seen shots w/ Savage XL bodies and the NERO looks perfect.

Here's a couple, I haven't gotten to the lhs yet for another one...Mike
20170103_172212.jpg

Attachments

• 20170103_172207.jpg
    20170103_172207.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 138
Mike,

Thank you for the photos. The body looks very at home on the NERO. Perfect length, width, even body posts in the right location and everything.

Here's a follow-up on the Proline Topkick XL. It fits really well, but I had to convert the body mount plastics to Big Rock. I think the Big Rock mounts are an upgrade, because it moves the mount holes closer to the corners, which will help protect the body from flexing and cracking. I only had to trim a small amount of clearance for the rear arm movement, similar to the Outcast body. Length is excellent, much better than the shorter Silverado, IMO. I left a little extra below the side body line, I think it looks better this way. All-in I think I still spent less than buying a new crappy stock body. These Proline truck bodies are really thick and durable, and I like the originality of it.

Attachments

• body1.jpg
    body1.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 206
  • body2.jpg
    body2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 218
  • body3.jpg
    body3.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 198
  • body4.jpg
    body4.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 195
Slash 1:10 bodies are just about perfect with minimal trimming..

At least on the big rock.. Oh and I'll be working on a cage for it here soon as well based off the slash cage

Attachments

• 20170121_213341.jpg
    20170121_213341.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 232
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back