Aftermarket ESC mounting plate for 3/4s chassis

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Granite, Infraction, Limitless, Outcast 4s, Typhon 3s, Voltage
Kind of surprised I didn't find something like this already. Working on a simple plate to make aftermarket escs easily removable. Plate attaches to ESC with double sided tape and/or optional zip tie and plate screws into the receiver box lid or center of the chassis.

Dimensions need a little adjusting so I won't post the files yet but here is one I made real quick with 2 colors using Z hop trick. First printed the Hobbywing logo in black, then leave it on the print glass and print the mount on top of it. The mount has a cut out in shape of the logo in it and so with Z hop it lifts the nozzle over the printed black letters and fills in the areas around it and after 2 layers it continues to print as normal.

Attachments

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Kraton 6s, Mojave, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
Kind of surprised I didn't find something like this already. Working on a simple plate to make aftermarket escs easily removable. Plate attaches to ESC with double sided tape and/or optional zip tie and plate screws into the receiver box lid or center of the chassis.

Dimensions need a little adjusting so I won't post the files yet but here is one I made real quick with 2 colors using Z hop trick. First printed the Hobbywing logo in black, then leave it on the print glass and print the mount on top of it. The mount has a cut out in shape of the logo in it and so with Z hop it lifts the nozzle over the printed black letters and fills in the areas around it and after 2 layers it continues to print as normal.
Looks clean! I like it 👍

fpvmiller

Don't just bash...Mod!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Infraction, Limitless, Kraton 6s, Typhon 6s
Cool! I'm guessing you still change the filament for the color change?

suchtragedy

Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Cool! I'm guessing you still change the filament for the color change?
Yeah manual filament change. The logo takes only 1-2 minutes and when it's done I keep the bed at temp while I swap in a new spool and manual prime until the previous color is cleared then start the second print job for the plate portion. It's kinda jank but it works lol

fpvmiller

Don't just bash...Mod!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Oh I know about manual filament change :) the pallette 2 pro has been awesome and a saving grace when I print multi-colors for others.

suchtragedy

Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So fitment is pretty good so attaching files now, I will also put them up on thingiverse. In the zip file there are multiple files:
  • center of chassis mount (no logos)
  • center of chassis mount (with arrma logos)
  • receiver box mount (no logos)
  • receiver box mount (with arrma logos)
  • arrma logo by itself (if you want to attempt to print a filled void with one of the logo'd options like I did)
Because of the placement of the receiver box right next to the servo the centered mount version doesn't fit quite right so the receiver box mount files are offset just a few millimeters to clear it. Also some like logos, some don't care, so I have versions of both with and without logos.

This was my last test last night with filled void to make sure fitment was good and I think it came out pretty well!

20200416_011032.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

fpvmiller

Don't just bash...Mod!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
This is an awesome file.

I printed one and needed the zip tie tabs on the other edges.

Some quick edits and I was able to make this for use with the hobbywing esc I am installing. (y) The source files are in great condition which made the edits easy ;)

Great work @suchtragedy and many thanks!!!

Attachments

suchtragedy

Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
This is an awesome file.

I printed one and needed the zip tie tabs on the other edges.

Some quick edits and I was able to make this for use with the hobbywing esc I am installing. (y) The source files are in great condition which made the edits easy ;)

Great work @suchtragedy and many thanks!!!
Damn why didn't I just put the zip tie there in the first place lmao

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.