Granite Aftermarket Outdrives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Voltage
Does anyone make aftermarket outdrives for the voltage granite? I bought one for my youngest son, (3 years old) but this thing isn't arrma tough. Broken diff and broken outdrive. Truck has been out 3 times and broke 2 of the times. I wish this thing was a little tougher, fun little truck on 2S. Works great turning down the throttle trim. He can drive it for 30 min or better until he goes over to big of a bump or flips it then something comes apart. Anyways, anyone make aftermarket outdrives? Factory ones are all on backorder.

Does anyone make aftermarket outdrives for the voltage granite? I bought one for my youngest son, (3 years old) but this thing isn't arrma tough. Broken diff and broken outdrive. Truck has been out 3 times and broke 2 of the times. I wish this thing was a little tougher, fun little truck on 2S. Works great turning down the throttle trim. He can drive it for 30 min or better until he goes over to big of a bump or flips it then something comes apart. Anyways, anyone make aftermarket outdrives? Factory ones are all on backorder.

I think you'll get your part numbers here:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/4s-granite-voltage.11057/

Metal replacement diff output cups 6s input cups (AR310432). I bought them from lumidave35 on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Arrma-In...051998&hash=item1ce4a671c3:g:l0cAAOSw6idcsHpR

Hot Racing makes some that should be the same thing (AON41C) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...912647&hash=item593a4a66ce:g:RCYAAOSwwJ5dsdoc

Now as far as the output inside the diff, no replacement for that I know or heard of.

When you replace the plastic outdrive cups with metal ones linked above be sure to use locktite on the grub screw and let it sit for 24 hours. But before you let it sit and before you put the dog bone axles back in run the truck without the axles attached and make sure they spin straight with no wobble. I didn't check this the first time I swapped out drive cups to metal hot racing ones and I had a a bit of wobble in one that I noticed later but ignored and that broke the out drive from the diff later.

Once you upgrade to metal cups it should be much better but there isn't an upgrade to the diff itself or the outdrives in the diffs (that is known at least). The best way to not break them is learning to let go of the trigger when you go airborne, crash, roll, etc. The voltage is direct gear driven and no slipper or anything so things will break if you land on your drive wheels with the throttle pegged.
20200209_110532.jpg

When you replace the plastic outdrive cups with metal ones linked above be sure to use locktite on the grub screw and let it sit for 24 hours. But before you let it sit and before you put the dog bone axles back in run the truck without the axles attached and make sure they spin straight with no wobble. I didn't check this the first time I swapped out drive cups to metal hot racing ones and I had a a bit of wobble in one that I noticed later but ignored and that broke the out drive from the diff later.

Once you upgrade to metal cups it should be much better but there isn't an upgrade to the diff itself or the outdrives in the diffs (that is known at least). The best way to not break them is learning to let go of the trigger when you go airborne, crash, roll, etc. The voltage is direct gear driven and no slipper or anything so things will break if you land on your drive wheels with the throttle pegged.
View attachment 73568
Great advise. Thank you. I will order some metal ones. Also might be a little hard to get my little man to let off the throttle. ?. I have already had to replace the outdrive shaft in the diff once already. That broke the first day he took it out after 10 minutes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back