Aftermarket parts for Typhon 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clone2002

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out who makes good aftermarket parts for the Typhon 3s BLX. I know of Hot Racing and RPM and their sites are easy enough to navigate to get to what fits the 3s but does anyone know what Integy parts would work for the Typhon 3s? Or have any other favorite manufacturers they'd recommend? Links would be amazing to make it easy to find! Thanks again.

Take a pass on the Integy stuff. GPM too. They are really low quality. Arrma actually makes some optional parts too. Their CVDs seem to be working for others. Get the 4S slipper assembly. RPM arms are pretty important. I love my Lockups tires. I just bought a set of Badlands MX but they haven’t arrived yet. Hoping they hook up just like the MX28s.

Take a pass on the Integy stuff. GPM too. They are really low quality. Arrma actually makes some optional parts too. Their CVDs seem to be working for others. Get the 4S slipper assembly. RPM arms are pretty important. I love my Lockups tires. I just bought a set of Badlands MX but they haven’t arrived yet. Hoping they hook up just like the MX28s.
Yeah don't get aluminum ones though. If you do other more expensive stuff will break.

Thanks! Super helpful. I actually have the RPM arms and the Lockups! Love those. I also got the Steel 57t assembly, i think that's the 4s version you're talking about right? Will check out the CVDs.

Thanks! Super helpful. I actually have the RPM arms and the Lockups! Love those. I also got the Steel 57t assembly, i think that's the 4s version you're talking about right? Will check out the CVDs.
Yep that’s the slipper. Sounds like you’ve got a great base to work with. CVDs were vaporware for so long that I got tired of waiting for them so I’ve moved on from them. I do have the HR metal diff and input, which is nice. I also have the HR metal diff yokes, which you will want if pushing it hard. Get some 4S battery straps, as they are longer for a 4S lipo. So many mods possible.

Yep that’s the slipper. Sounds like you’ve got a great base to work with. CVDs were vaporware for so long that I got tired of waiting for them so I’ve moved on from them. I do have the HR metal diff and input, which is nice. I also have the HR metal diff yokes, which you will want if pushing it hard. Get some 4S battery straps, as they are longer for a 4S lipo. So many mods possible.
Awesome, I also have the HR steering bellcrank which tightened things up as well as a better steering servo and sealed bearings on the whole thing. The whole rig is a fun bit of insanity (I'm quite new to RC cars, loving it so far). I still have some wheel slop I'd like to get out of it. I'm looking at the HR diff and input/yokes, etc. as well as the drive shafts, but I'm not sure I'm pushing it hard enough yet to warrant those, it's quite the expense. So I think I'll just wait until something tears up. That's why I got the metal spur and slipper assembly, I shredded up the original one.

Last edited:
Awesome, I also have the HR steering bellcrank which tightened things up as well as a better steering servo and sealed bearings on the whole thing. It's a fun bit of insanity. I still have some wheel slop I'd like to get out of it. I'm looking at the HR diff and input/yokes, etc. as well as the drive shafts, but I'm not sure I'm pushing it hard enough yet to warrant those, it's quite the expense. So I think I'll just wait until something tears up. That's why I got the metal spur and slipper assembly, I shredded up the original one.
Skip the HR driveshafts as others say they didn’t last long. Either do the Arrma CVDs or stick to stock for now.

I second the arrma CVDs. Just put a set on the rear of my granite about 2 weeks ago. Holding up better than the plastic driveshafts so far.

Where did you find those? I’ve only seen them in what I assume are individual parts (not an actual full set). Could you share a link? Thanks!

When I found them they only had one set. I tried to order 2 and the website wouldn't let me. I had found a set on blazeimports.com

Last edited:
That's them!!!
They're also listed on active powersports .com. I tried to buy those but then I got an email saying they were out of stock until September.

That's them!!!
They're also listed on active powersports .com. I tried to buy those but then I got an email saying they were out of stock until September.
Active motorsports is a scam website. They will take your money and take for ever to ship in the best case, or never ship in the worst.

Active motorsports is a scam website. They will take your money and take for ever to ship in the best case, or never ship in the worst.

Completely agree A few weeks ago I got so excited that they weren’t out of stock on a part. And then the next day got an email saying they were indeed out of stock. They had already charged my card of course. I wrote back telling them to cancel and refund and they did so but it took a few days. Now I don’t trust their site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back