Kraton Aftermarket Receiver box? (Demand poll)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would be very interested. if you started producing them how much would you ask for them?

i would be very interested. if you started producing them how much would you ask for them?

Good to hear! And I'm not sure yet, I'm putting it into Solidworks as we speak. When that's done I can see the estimated print time, consumed material and approx. required electricity. I don't plan on making a profit necessarily, so I'm pretty certain they'll be within the $19,99 the originals go for. They'll be plenty strong enough for what they're meant to do. I'll be placing threaded inserts where the original mounting holes are, for extra rigidity.

Current progress:

Knipsel.JPG

I'll be doing both the 1/6 and 1/5-scale versions. I will probably not to the cap since that fits both versions and if you own an 8S you already have the cap :).

E7C96FAD-75E5-4196-9F5A-22BEE2E255AF.jpeg

Testing phase has begun! This is a prototype of the 1/5 receiver box (final product is a lot cleanier, this is a quick print for measurement and thread testing) :)

Why is the receiver box in high demand?
You can't install a "regular sized" 1/5 scale servo in the stock box. You need the "optional" one to fit a bigger servo as it comes with different sizes, a spare stock box and a box with room for the bigger servo.

So the one in the link is the optional one correct?
When you order a receiver box, you get both. You can't just order the bigger receiver box by itself. They really should have included it in the box with the truck, along with a speed pinion.

So the one in the link is the optional one correct?

Its due to restock late May, maybe even June if this whole coronavirus thing also hits the US and Europe (even) hard(er). So at least 2-3 months ‘till a restock. I didn’t want to wait that long for something that’s relatively simple, so I decided to make my own and I might as well help the community out in the proces :)

that orange one in the picture above looks like the 1/6 box...the 1/5 is straight up on one side..

that orange one in the picture above looks like the 1/6 box...the 1/5 is straight up on one side..

It’s the 1/5, the left column is 10-11mm further to the left than with the 1/6 box. The 1/6 allows for 66mm width servo’s, the 1/5 allows up to 75,8 mm width servo’s (big scale 1/5 and 1/4 scale servo’s)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back