Granite Aftermarket Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay here's a pic for illustration purposes using some garbage wltoys shocks I swapped out on a different truck. Shock on the left is the original length of this shock for comparison and shock on the right has an 8mm nylon spacer on it. Install a spacer of whatever length you want to take out of the travel onto the shaft before inserting it through the shock body during reassembly. Then add your rod end, oil, and bleed like normal etc and you're done.
View attachment 71730
Excellent! ?

Okay here's a pic for illustration purposes using some garbage wltoys shocks I swapped out on a different truck. Shock on the left is the original length of this shock for comparison and shock on the right has an 8mm nylon spacer on it. Install a spacer of whatever length you want to take out of the travel onto the shaft before inserting it through the shock body during reassembly. Then add your rod end, oil, and bleed like normal etc and you're done.
View attachment 71730
Do they sell spacers just for this or is it just as easy to use nitro fuel tube?

Do they sell spacers just for this or is it just as easy to use nitro fuel tube?
I just happened to have 3mm nylon spacers from my drone stuff but since the big bore is 4mm I can't use those. Hit up your hardware store and you can find some nitro fuel tube, nylon tubing, nylon washers, hell take a cheap plastic pen apart and cut it and use that lol.

I just happened to have 3mm nylon spacers from my drone stuff but since the big bore is 4mm I can't use those. Hit up your hardware store and you can find some nitro fuel tube, nylon tubing, nylon washers, hell take a cheap plastic pen apart and cut it and use that lol.
I ordered the HoBao shocks this morning from JRC. I’ll modify them to work on my BR, probably add some photos in the process.

I have Hobao shocks on mine I like them
7EB5F733-8320-456B-A53F-027AF42D37CC.jpeg

the top of the shock had to find a pivot ball to work with the shock and shock tower. The bottom I used so washers to space them out away from driveline

Is that a Outcast body on a granite?
Yeah, but it was tricky to get it to fit since it's a very wide body. I am running typhon arms with 9mm wide hex adapters from GPM to give me a much wider stance but even with that it still required a lot of trimming of the front fenders and bumper to not rub when turning full lock. I like the look though.

Will the original Arrma Granite shock tower bushings fit in the big bore shocks? Im finally about to order a set of new shocks and want to double triple check before i buy 'em. And what size fuel line tube do i get as spacers if i want to lower these bad boys?

Any help would be dope! Thanks yall

Will the original Arrma Granite shock tower bushings fit in the big bore shocks? Im finally about to order a set of new shocks and want to double triple check before i buy 'em. And what size fuel line tube do i get as spacers if i want to lower these bad boys?

Any help would be dope! Thanks yall
Just grab the Axial AXIC1356

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back