Granite Aftermarket Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SupraNik1910

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey everyone,

Got another question for y'all. My left shock bent and i don't wanna bend it so im just gonna invest in a new set. I was shopping around and saw the "Big Bore" shocks for the Senton, will those fit on my Granite?

Funny, I just ordered a set of those Big Bores for my other other granite (I have 3 lol). Short answer is yes since both the 3S Senton and Granite use the same shock, maybe with differences being the size and number of preload spacers of one model vs. the other. Be sure to have shock oil because those big bore ebay shocks don't come with oil in them.

Also everything you could possibly want to know about aftermarket shocks can be found via this thread.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Also not sure if the shocks come with a bushing for the top of the shock, so you might need to pick up one of the Axial parts listed in the above thread at the end or come up with a DIY solution. I should get mine next Monday so if you haven't ordered by then you can PM me any questions you have about them once I have a set in my hands it will be easier to answer with specifics.

I picked up a pair of those big bore shocks and I recommend them... if you buy a set of metal rod ends and some oil. They will last a while with some metal ends but the stock plastic ones are the weak point on them

I'll be sure to get me a set then. They look cool and pretty reliable

I'll be sure to get me a set then. They look cool and pretty reliable

Got my set for my backup granite today.
Eye to eye length is within 1mm of stock, shock springs are the same length and width of stock 3s springs, and the spring weight is very close to stock 3s granite weight based on how they feel compressing in my hand, maybe a tiny bit lighter. I am trying 70wt/910cst oil and will have to play with the preload.

The top mounting hole is 5mm wide and it didn't come with a bushing so you'll need to use something to fill in the slack or else you'll have 2mm of play between the shock cap and the screw when you go to mount. The 6s arrma shock cap hole is 7mm so the axial bushings that's recommended for using 6s shocks on 3s trucks might not fit so just a heads up.

I ended up 3D printing my own bushing for the screw hole and also trying printed shock bladders for the cap both with Ninjaflex filament. I haven't ran the truck yet but far they seem decent and my only real complaint, besides the weakish rod ends, is everything is rounded and super smooth throughout so it's hard to get finger grip to adjust the preload ring once everything is mounted.

20200322_130810.jpg

20200322_130753.jpg

20200322_132751.jpg

Last edited:
Got my set for my backup granite today.
Eye to eye length is within 1mm of stock, shock springs are the same length and width of stock 3s springs, and the spring weight is very close to stock 3s granite weight based on how they feel compressing in my hand, maybe a tiny bit lighter. I am trying 70wt/910cst oil and will have to play with the preload.

The top mounting hole is 5mm wide and it didn't come with a bushing so you'll need to use something to fill in the slack or else you'll have 2mm of play between the shock cap and the screw when you go to mount. The 6s arrma shock cap hole is 7mm so the axial bushings that's recommended for using 6s shocks on 3s trucks might not fit so just a heads up.

I ended up 3D printing my own bushing for the screw hole and also trying printed shock bladders for the cap both with Ninjaflex filament. I haven't ran the truck yet but far they seem decent and my only real complaint, besides the weakish rod ends, is everything is rounded and super smooth throughout so it's hard to get finger grip to adjust the preload ring once everything is mounted.

View attachment 71046
View attachment 71045
View attachment 71044
They look good. I was thinking of buying a set. You ever try the Hobao 1/8 Hyper 7 SS on the Granite or BR?

They look good. I was thinking of buying a set. You ever try the Hobao 1/8 Hyper 7 SS on the Granite or BR?
I run em on my BRCC and Granite. I haven't done anything but (I think) 50 wt oil...maybe 40. They work for my bashing and no leaks and no concerns otherwise. I used orange Home Depot fuel line tubing.

I run em on my BRCC and Granite. I haven't done anything but (I think) 50 wt oil...maybe 40. They work for my bashing and no leaks and no concerns otherwise. I used orange Home Depot fuel line tubing.
I see they have these on JRC, they look legit. How would you say they compare to 6s Typhon shocks on terms of stiffness and length?

I see they have these on JRC, they look legit. How would you say they compare to 6s Typhon shocks on terms of stiffness and length?
Length I imagine fit able. They're interchanged I think still even now v4 Typhon shocks. For $100 for Typhon vs $40, I think the shocks you showed are good bashers. I wish I had some other than the fuel tubing but it works fine for what I do.
Found an example of these shocks over shock towers. lol

1585198200945.png

1585198218656.png

Length I imagine fit able. They're interchanged I think still even now v4 Typhon shocks. For $100 for Typhon vs $40, I think the shocks you showed are good bashers. I wish I had some other than the fuel tubing but it works fine for what I do.
Well now I want to try some of those Hobaos especially now since JRC carries them, lol.

I always search all shocks from all brands on JRC and some of them I wonder how well they would fit but it's nearly impossible to find eye to eye measurements for other brands. One of the main reasons I bought Arrma for my first hobby grade rig was because this forum existed and all the knowledge found here, especially in the mix and match parts department. I don't have a local hobby shop so I can't go and look at things in person so if I want to experiment with something new besides stock parts I need to be sure stuffs going to work.

So thanks again guys I now have two new bookmarks in my shocks folder to sit on lol

Well now I want to try some of those Hobaos especially now since JRC carries them, lol.

I always search all shocks from all brands on JRC and some of them I wonder how well they would fit but it's nearly impossible to find eye to eye measurements for other brands. One of the main reasons I bought Arrma for my first hobby grade rig was because this forum existed and all the knowledge found here, especially in the mix and match parts department. I don't have a local hobby shop so I can't go and look at things in person so if I want to experiment with something new besides stock parts I need to be sure stuffs going to work.

So thanks again guys I now have two new bookmarks in my shocks folder to sit on lol
Im in the same boat. No local shop here either. My best bet is 4+ hours away. Arrma makes cross-utilization a huge experience and this forum makes it happen. I bought a single Arrma truck and showed up here to learn. Next thing I know, I have almost as many as I want.
??

Im in the same boat. No local shop here either. My best bet is 4+ hours away. Arrma makes cross-utilization a huge experience and this forum makes it happen. I bought a single Arrma truck and showed up here to learn. Next thing I know, I have almost as many as I want.
??
Same here lmao this is just since January of this year. Had zero RC cars before.
20200325_223125.jpg

Now if I could only stop hijacking threads here by going off topic...

Last edited:
Any issues with length?
Nope, what are the E2E lengths?
Should have an answer this morning on exact E2E.

How did you limit the travel on the rears? They seem a little long. If you modified them and have some pics, that would be awesome. ??
Nope, what are the E2E lengths?
108F/127R

Last edited:
How did you limit the travel on the rears? They seem a little long. If you modified them and have some pics, that would be awesome. ??

108F/127R
This is what I bought. Used fuel line tubing to fit the eyelets and filled with either 40 or 50wt oil. That's it. No other mods. They work well for me.

1585263359049.png

I'm rebuilding a set of stock shocks later tonight and can snap a picture of what it looks like to install a spacer to limit the travel if you want.
This would be helpful for all that are wanting a shocks fix now and importantly in the future. I'm good with my setup but I've seen since I started here how often folks are struggling with solutions for the stock shocks. Every week or so there's a new thread about it and Arrma has yet to make a 3s shock that will not be disappointing.
Plus the 3s blx line is the gateway drug and I hate to think folks get a bad taste of the brand before they really get into the awesomeness of Arrma.

Okay here's a pic for illustration purposes using some garbage wltoys shocks I swapped out on a different truck. Shock on the left is the original length of this shock for comparison and shock on the right has an 8mm nylon spacer on it. Install a spacer of whatever length you want to take out of the travel onto the shaft before inserting it through the shock body during reassembly. Then add your rod end, oil, and bleed like normal etc and you're done.
InShot_20200326_225747333.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back