Agfrc A81BHMW or promodeler DS630 for a Kraton 6S maybe a limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
So I just finished my kraton 6S and it turned like dog poop. It was recommended that I put in clips in the servo saver (which I’ve done) but I decided to upgrade the servo as well since I replaced all the other electronics. I’ve narrowed down my choices to above. Agfrc or promodeler. I plan to run off of the max 6 esc. Thoughts?? If I like their servo I may put one in my limitless that has a ds3235 Amazon special….

Is the Raz monster a agfrc?
Thought I read somewhere it was a rebranded reefs 555???

AGFRC is the OEM for REEF. Just compare the programmer/software. REEF is rebranded AGF. Another example, when AGFRC came out the their two 1/5 servos, REEF came out with two comparable ones. Not a coincidence.
Im pretty sure they are all AGFRC, but sometimes with differences in gearing, paper specs, and maybe PWM power (which can be programmed to 100% if desired with the programmer.)

I would not use a slow servo like the reefs 555 (0,17@7,4v) in a Kraton.

Both options mentioned by OP are good. The most important thing is to make sure the servo saver is stiff enough/matches the torque of the servo. If its too weak there is no point in paying for the extra torque.

AGFRC is the OEM for REEF. Just compare the programmer/software. REEF is rebranded AGF.
Yup. Always wondered why so many payed more for REEF servos. Same factory.
I think ProModeler is quite possibly the finest servo on the planet.

I called Promodeler and asked which servo was best for a 1/8 Kraton and he said the 1155 and when I asked him why I needed such a big servo he asked why I called if I wasn't going to follow his advice, LOL. Valid point I suppose.

I ended up ordering the 630 even though I think the 505 would be adequate. For an extra 20 bucks I get a servo with a little more torque and lower amp draw so I guess it's worth it.

AGFRC servo is coming today but I guess I'll just return it and FWIW I just received a DS3235 Pro but I'll just keep that as a spare.

Excited to get this. Looks pretty damn nice....

The 630 is an outstanding all around servo, and a great choice. It has plenty of torque and speed and should toss your K6 around nicely.
How will you be powering it? (I had to ask, I’m sure you just had a 40 minute conversation about this. 😊)

Well he started telling all the additional things I needed to buy so my mind kind of turned off.

Planning on running it off of the receiver @7.4v

I know it’s probably better to run it off of a BEC but seems like for most purposes this should be ok.
HW max 6 is supposed to provide 6A continuous and on the promodeler site it pretty much says it will likely be adequate but not necessarily recommended.

My 550’s, 630’s, 635’s all run fine off a Max 6 BEC through the rx. However, they definitely glitch on the stock Arrma 6s ESC. I run them over 8v and they’re fantastic servos.

just received the AGFRC from amazon today....
tempted to open it but gonna stick with the DS630

Forgive my ignorance, I may be getting crossed up between crawler servos and these we use in our bashers. Most folks are adding a BEC to accommodate these servos or switching to a more capable ESCs BEC. Would it not also be possible to direct power to the battery?
Again, I'm kinda green to all this. Just an observation.

Forgive my ignorance, I may be getting crossed up between crawler servos and these we use in our bashers. Most folks are adding a BEC to accommodate these servos or switching to a more capable ESCs BEC. Would it not also be possible to direct power to the battery?
Again, I'm kinda green to all this. Just an observation.
Amp load is too high to run off the balance port of propulsion battery. The best scenario is to run it off a small dedicated 2s LiPo. John at ProModeler has harnesses for this as well as small, dedicated batteries.

Amp load is too high to run off the balance port of propulsion battery. The best scenario is to run it off a small dedicated 2s LiPo. John at ProModeler has harnesses for this as well as small, dedicated batteries.
Thanks for the heads up. I spent a little time researching his tips. I think that's a good way to go, if I have the space.
On a Side note, their business is about 30 min from house.

So I just finished my kraton 6S and it turned like dog poop. It was recommended that I put in clips in the servo saver (which I’ve done) but I decided to upgrade the servo as well since I replaced all the other electronics. I’ve narrowed down my choices to above. Agfrc or promodeler. I plan to run off of the max 6 esc. Thoughts?? If I like their servo I may put one in my limitless that has a ds3235 Amazon special….
Curious why you feel the DS3235 servo is not good enough for your Lim?:unsure: I use them on every single Arrma 6s rig ( shown under my Avatar) and Axial crawlers I have. Never failed me yet. Some with 6v BEC some with 7.2 v. Plenty fast enough. Been through the whole Savox , Hitec and other high end $servo$ route. Nothing much to brag about them.
And actually, too fast of a servo is no good. Hard to drive. Being too sensitive for steering input. Works against you. Depending on the servo and BEC in question. A Fast rig does not necessessarily benefit from a FAST servo. 35 kg servos in general are just fine for bashing use. If your BEC is a match for it.

What BEC volt options are available with your Max 6??? Check first. Use your HW ESC programmer to check the Max 6 ESC's BEC parameters.
This is the first thing to sort out before selecting any servo.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back