Air cleaning after washing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plant 175

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’m new at this and reading that after cleaning many of you use a air compressor to remove water. I have tried with my pancake compressor the blow gun accessory with no tip on it. I can’t seem to move much water and I need to keep waiting for the pressure to get back up. Is there a better tip or better gun or even something better than my compressor. Any help would be appreciated.

I use this attachment. Not sure where it came from originally but my dad had a couple and gave me one. I love it.
Edit: I also use a small Harbor Freight pancake. You can set it up with a seperate tank so it won't have to kick on as much.

1572040256624.png

You need a tip on that accessory to narrow and concentrate the flow. It will give you much more pressure and not dump all your air in that small compressor. A compressor with a larger tank would keep it from constantly kicking on.

I wanted to do this so I could use for airbrushing without the compressor kicking on during work. I would obviously still have to add a moisture filter. I still want to do it for more capacity and for the same reason for cleaning trucks.

Harbor Freight has an 11 gallon tank for $40 and with the 20-25% off coupon we can probably do it all for $40 (not including the initial pancake.) At Harbor Freight, every item can have a coupon so we can use one for the fittings as well. Plus get a free item with another coupon.

There's a video attached to this instruction page and it's an easy mod:
http://www.realtoolreviews.com/air-compressor-simple-upgrade-cheap-easy-increase-tank-capacity/

Here's a gun similar to mine at Amazon for $11
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RT4DYT6/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back