Airbrush paint for rc bodies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duratrax, Spaz Stix, Parma, Proline, Pactra(made by Testors) and Tamiya all make great paint. Just make sure it is for polycarbonate.

I use Parma Faskolor for my ABS and lexan bodies. I also have sprayed some lexan bodies with Createx, but it is best to give the Createx a final coat with a couple light coats of Rustoleum or Krylon clear.

This is all Faskolor. Love their metallics...

received_2803929479695315.jpeg

Duratrax, Spaz Stix, Parma, Proline, Pactra(made by Testors) and Tamiya all make great paint. Just make sure it is for polycarbonate.
Most of your airbrush rc paint is water based now. Proline, Parma and pactra for sure. Your only getting poly based if you buy spray cans these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of your airbrush rc paint is water based now. Proline, Parma and pactra for sure. Your only getting poly based if you buy spray cans these days
I did not know that.

Most Spaz Stix paint is enamel. I just got some of their colors, but haven't used it much other than the white. I have a booth with external exhaust hose, but even with that, it still stunk up my hobby room just opening the cap. Good paint though.

Most Spaz Stix paint is enamel. I just got some of their colors, but haven't used it much other than the white. I have a booth with external exhaust hose, but even with that, it still stunk up my hobby room just opening the cap. Good paint though.
Pactra is listed as lacquer paint even in the spray can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back