Kraton AliExpress China special Gearbox case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the china special aluminium diff cases on AliExpress for a 6S Kraton?

For example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003667310858.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5c2d1a2cT4ZJyB&algo_pvid=048837f5-d745-4006-a63c-058a7f58e403&algo_exp_id=048837f5-d745-4006-a63c-058a7f58e403-1&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000026717025348"}&pdp_npi=2@dis!NZD!!30.75!!!!!@2101fd4b16528590353763351ee052!12000026717025348!sea

They're less than 1/3 the price of the Hot Racing ones - how bad can they be? :D
Curious as to see what peoples experience with these other options are.

Cheers!
Hunt

Hi all.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the china special aluminium diff cases on AliExpress for a 6S Kraton?

For example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003667310858.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5c2d1a2cT4ZJyB&algo_pvid=048837f5-d745-4006-a63c-058a7f58e403&algo_exp_id=048837f5-d745-4006-a63c-058a7f58e403-1&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000026717025348"}&pdp_npi=2@dis!NZD!!30.75!!!!!@2101fd4b16528590353763351ee052!12000026717025348!sea

They're less than 1/3 the price of the Hot Racing ones - how bad can they be? :D
Curious as to see what peoples experience with these other options are.

Cheers!
Hunt
Nice find

I did see these. I like that they have the rear cover and the sway back 'holder' as ali too.
I am curious to try them out and see how they last.
The composite ones don't last with regular maintenance and strip downs. I've got 2 stripped threads in the bottom where the tapered screws go through the chassis into the base of the gearbox case. They kept coming loose and perhaps I was a little too keen on doing them up tight....

Hoping someone here has tried these 'cheap' (although for what they are, a tiny piece of mass produced cast aluminium, not exactly billet, they're not super cheap) options :)
edited title as it's the gearbox case, not the diff case I'm looking at.
Although the seller in this instance does sell the metal diff cases as well....

Last edited:
Not mad on the built in hinge blocks

Do you mean these parts?
Looks like the standard (or aftermarket) hinge block would go over/against this?

1652865685710.png

I always wondered about fitment on AE parts. Who knows, could be the same as other parts we buy, just unbranded.

I've tried "aliexpress" rear aluminum hubs for mojave and imagine the primary diff is minute tolerance difference; for example as tooling wears down. Lower cost would be lesser tolerances imo.

was my experience with rear hubs. they're 3 bearings and uses larger than stock. however, the bearing seating is loose right from the start, one hub is looser than other and have more play than stock. is a big problem when bearings seize; for sure these hubs bearing seat will bore out over time from that. Is tougher to spot seized bearings when it can still rotate somewhat freely.

So I imagine there are often using similar / same drawing / design but with vary degrees of tolerance or more specifically tooling machine maintenance.

for first time ever, I had fraudulent charges on my card since using aliexpress lol just saying, merchant number vetting maybe bit more lax in some parts. is common practice but reminder to have a "firewall" between your overseas purchase and primary account. (im an idiot and did not; bank kindly covered it all after "investigation")

Not at all to disparage AE or ANY vendors with my inclination. could be some hacked data from years ago that was only acted on recently.

I’ve also experienced fraudulent charges when using AliExpress…. After 2 new cards & loads of heartache from the wife i adopted a policy of only using prepaid Visa… It’s an inconvenience but only costs a couple of dollars & is well worth it

C'mon @Moirae, be our Guinea pig lol !
I guess I'm the Guinea pig! I have bought a couple of gearbox casings and front and rear hubs/carriers.

Will update when they arrive how they fit.
C'mon @Moirae, be our Guinea pig lol !
I guess I'm the Guinea pig! bought a couple of gearbox casings and front and rear hubs/carriers.

Will update when they arrive how they fit.

I guess the big question is going to be tolerances should work good so long as it all lines up and you don't need to many shims. To be honest there's not much difference in the alu cases in less you get a vitavon as they have larger bearing then stock.

Let us know how it goes might be a good option for the people over heating and warping housings.

I guess the big question is going to be tolerances should work good so long as it all lines up and you don't need to many shims. To be honest there's not much difference in the alu cases in less you get a vitavon as they have larger bearing then stock.

Let us know how it goes might be a good option for the people over heating and warping housings.
The HR racing also have the larger bearing.

15x21x4

Buy a couple extras when you order the bulkheads

Do you know if there 7075 like the Vitavon my talion needs a new one and I could never find out if it was 6061 or 7075.
HR is not 7075
If the Vitavon ones are that's a pretty solid sweet. They weren't out when I bought mine.

Although I've never damaged an hr bulkhead. Even with the plastic covers (and aluminum sway bar cover).

Yeah https://www.ebay.com/itm/284800465965?hash=item424f6e3c2d:g:7LcAAOSwcR5ic4iH and for 90+7 shipping over 110 for all 3 HR parts its looking good to me but the HR front and rear hubs are still a better price then the Vitavon ones.

That being said HR is common from many sellers in the US were and Vitavon is allmost all Ebay from china.

Side not Vitavon has no hinge pin support so I think it will work with the M2C captured hinge pin set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back