aliexpress EC5 Plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, never cheap out on connectors!

Those look like knockoff EC5 connectors with the split end male bullet, which in my experience are greatly inferior to the real ones. The force required to join and separate the split end connectors is less consistent both in terms of variance throughout the range of movement of a single pair, which makes them harder to separate in a controlled way, and variance between connector pairs.

The best cheap ones I've used are Amass brand, $15CAD for 10 pairs from Bezos' empire. The have the same design as the $10/pair hobby shop connectors and to me are indistinguishable in quality.

^
Thank you nitroneurons

Good to know about the Amass units, I'll need to swop out my Dean's for some of these.

I only use e flight EC5 connectors. Learned my lesson. Yeah, they are $5 per connector, but still cheap in comparison to the $100 battery or $200 ESC you are putting them on.

I like that they snap onto the bullet from the back...so you can solder the bullets first then just snap the connector on. Had issues with trying to snap the cheap ones on.

wow, the RC community is just as bad or worse than Apple vs PC, android or brand war. BTW those AMass are rated at 40amps
Think about the gauge wire you're running to the pins, if it can't take a 12 or 10 gauge wire it probably won't handle the "high" amp,
buy smart don't over think, the "expensive" items we care about guess who makes them..

If your connection feels loose and you still power on your RC with your $100 plus battery, you're the idiot, just saying user error. Just go Xt90s anti spark, nobody complains about those...... yet lol. I'm not being rude or disrespectful, buy smart, invest in a decent soldering iron so you don't cold solder blah blah, ray ray ray.

on my higher end of the scale, i run qs8 plugs. nearly all my 6s rigs run the qs8 plug now.

wow, the RC community is just as bad or worse than Apple vs PC, android or brand war. BTW those AMass are rated at 40amps
Think about the gauge wire you're running to the pins, if it can't take a 12 or 10 gauge wire it probably won't handle the "high" amp,
buy smart don't over think, the "expensive" items we care about guess who makes them..

If your connection feels loose and you still power on your RC with your $100 plus battery, you're the idiot, just saying user error. Just go Xt90s anti spark, nobody complains about those...... yet lol. I'm not being rude or disrespectful, buy smart, invest in a decent soldering iron so you don't cold solder blah blah, ray ray ray.
Reason I only buy the e flight plugs. I threw away an entire bag of ebay cheap ones. Leaned my lesson.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back