All 4 shocks on arrma granite 4x4 BLX are leaking. Warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I bought my granite BLX 4x4 on July 30th of this year and all 4 shocks are leaking after like 8 battery packs. Should I bother with the warranty process or just rebuild them, which would be much easier than shipping things. I'm not sure even sure if I have to do that. If I do rebuild them, what oil brand and weight has been proven to be the best for bashing? Thanks! I want to know the oil info anyways.

Will the Typhon 6S shocks be a direct fit for the 4S shocks?

Yes except a spacer is needed for the top holes. Nitro fuel tube is an easy fix
Thanks! I couldn’t tell if they were the same size as the 3S and had not gotten a chance to compare them yet.

I say warranty them. I had two leakers in the box of my Kraton 4s. Took pics but didn't need them, they sent all 4.
No response from Horizon Hobby after like more than a week? I sent them pictures of my sales receipt and of all the shocks that are leaking. I wonder if they forgot about me? I'll send them another email.

No response from Horizon Hobby after like more than a week? I sent them pictures of my sales receipt and of all the shocks that are leaking. I wonder if they forgot about me? I'll send them another email.
Call them, leave callback #, when they call back be respectful and you shall recieve! :)

The new ones will only leak again, sadly. The ones they use are hard rubber, no idea what they're made of but they're extremely cheap. To fix that problem install nylon o-rings and problem solved!

Attachments

• ara330022.jpg
    ara330022.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 73
Call them, leave callback #, when they call back be respectful and you shall recieve! :)
They finally responded to my email. They are sending me replacement o rings. Shock assemblies would have been nicer, but at least it's something.

The new ones will only leak again, sadly. The ones they use are hard rubber, no idea what they're made of but they're extremely cheap. To fix that problem install nylon o-rings and problem solved!
Have a link to the right sizes and a place to buy them?

No I don't. Got mine at the local hobby store. Came in a pack with some screws and body clips.

Have a link to the right sizes and a place to buy them?
Arrma sent me part number : AR330451. I bought some extra ones off ebay too.
Since it's a discussion about leaking oil. I'm going to add 50 weight on all 4 shocks. What are all of you using? I'm curious. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back