Mike-NLD

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
Hi all,

Just an heads up here..

If you want to run AVC or similar in your 3s rig, make sure you upgrade your servo to a digital one!

The stock ADS-7m is an analog servo, and cant handle the AVC input..
It gets way to hot in prob your first or second pack you run it with AVC..

Smoke comes out.. And its done..

IMG_20200521_202718.jpg

voicemaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Senton
I just bought an arrma senton 3s blx yesterday and which digital servo works with this AVC system? I also bought DumboRC X6 with gyro, is it the same thing?

Mr.Vylan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I just bought an arrma senton 3s blx yesterday and which digital servo works with this AVC system? I also bought DumboRC X6 with gyro, is it the same thing?
I also did the mods since I wanted the AVC system. I learned the hard way about a few things. Here is my final set up including a few tips.
  • Spektrum RC DX5C 5-Channel DSMR Surface Radio
  • SR6100AT Receiver
  • DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC Servo
I was originally told by a hobby shop person that I would be able to run the stock analog-servo (Not True). I quickly discovered that the servo saver that came with the digital servo would not work. I ended up using the stock saver and arm. There are other options but I want it to simply fit and maintain the geometry. I then discovered that the system needed to be reset and calibrated for the ESC to work correctly.

I'm very happy with the outcome and kept making upgrades. I'm new to the hobby and have only been doing it for less than a month. I'm hooked and now I'm designing and prototyping ramps. I've also figured out how to make a lap timer for under $150.
I personally purchased the Spektrum RC DX5C 5-Channel DSMR Surface Radio since it was also a Spectrum product and bundled with the SR6100AT Receiver. See my post above.

Bundle:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...ce-radio-w-sr6100at-receiver-spm5120/p1049208

Spektrum AVC:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Technology/AVC.aspx

Last edited:

voicemaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Senton
I also did the mods since I wanted the AVC system. I learned the hard way about a few things. Here is my final set up including a few tips.
  • Spektrum RC DX5C 5-Channel DSMR Surface Radio
  • SR6100AT Receiver
  • DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC Servo
I was originally told by a hobby shop person that I would be able to run the stock analog-servo (Not True). I quickly discovered that the servo saver that came with the digital servo would not work. I ended up using the stock saver and arm. There are other options but I want it to simply fit and maintain the geometry. I then discovered that the system needed to be reset and calibrated for the ESC to work correctly.

I'm very happy with the outcome and kept making upgrades. I'm new to the hobby and have only been doing it for less than a month. I'm hooked and now I'm designing and prototyping ramps. I've also figured out how to make a lap timer for under $150.

I personally purchased the Spektrum RC DX5C 5-Channel DSMR Surface Radio since it was also a Spectrum product and bundled with the SR6100AT Receiver. See my post above.

Bundle:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...ce-radio-w-sr6100at-receiver-spm5120/p1049208

Spektrum AVC:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Technology/AVC.aspx
I think I will use the gyro that came with DumboRC and upgrade the servo later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.