Typhon All blx share the same diffs??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Helical gears do have a larger gear tooth contact patch and so the teeth are a bit stronger in themselves.. also a lot quieter too. They do produce axial (sideways) loads though which generates more friction and heat. Heavier Strengthed gearbox cases usually have to designed to cater for the axial loads.

Straight cut gears are widely used in motorsport where gear whine is a non issue. Far simpler and easier to work with. They are typically considered to be a bit more efficient allowing more torque to be transferred directly to the other cog rather than it being divided by the created axial (sideways) force. The gearbox case can also typically be built lighter due to not having axial loads to contend with.

I'm just surprised they use both the types in different 6s BLX vehicles. If I was to choose a type I'd choose straight cut every time.
Thank you so much for you time bro!!
Im going yo buy a typhon and i find that he use the same diffs that the limitless, and infraction so i think that is for the fastest cars

Typhon is different, straight cut gears.
The Typhon 3s diffs are nylon? Not metal right. We have 2 and both started making grinding noise and won’t move hardly after 5 months of babied driving on blacktop.

The Typhon 3s diffs are nylon? Not metal right. We have 2 and both started making grinding noise and won’t move hardly after 5 months of babied driving on blacktop.
Yes. This thread is about the 6s models not the 3s models. Plus this thread is like 2 years old....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back