All my tires just RIP....advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Julian I know this reply is late but I turned my tires inside out an glued fishing line around the inside about 8-10 rotations and then glued gorilla tape on top of the line ,turned them back inside an installed the foam an glued the tires on an shaped them by hand rolling them. I let the glue set for 24 hours . an I taped the holes on the wheels from water an dirt. only 2 tires were off balance so I balanced them.
I never had another problem from my nero tires, an I run 23t pinion an stock spur..
Hey no worries and thanks for helping bud. Yeah - I now have the minokawas on the Nero and bought a set of sand scorpions and threw em on the kratonv2. It's reversed but no issues. - after all of my ripped MT tires -I've since learned that big MT tires are not designed for 6s speed and torque. I will ALWAYS glue new tires and wheels even if they come assembled. I have had no issues since. I am saving the MT sets for snow. I also ordered a set of the rowakowas for the BIG ROCK and will throw them on the Nero.

Hey no worries and thanks for helping bud. Yeah - I now have the minokawas on the Nero and bought a set of sand scorpions and threw em on the kratonv2. It's reversed but no issues. - after all of my ripped MT tires -I've since learned that big MT tires are not designed for 6s speed and torque. I will ALWAYS glue new tires and wheels even if they come assembled. I have had no issues since. I am saving the MT sets for snow. I also ordered a set of the rowakowas for the BIG ROCK and will throw them on the Nero.
How is the big rock , is it the same as the nero with a different body?
I know its bigger as far as suspension but how does it handle , im thinking about purchasing one.

If you goto Arrma site - you can compare upto three trucks side by side.

The Nero BigRock is still a. Nero. Same esc and motor. The only difference I can see is the height. It's definitely taller. The joints are the HD optional joints for the Nero. Little heavier and tougher it seems. To me - looks like Arrmas answer to the xmaxx. Seems to be built for crawling and rough terrain. That's why I got the wheels. But even they are the same size it looks like. I have three no four monster trucks 1/8 scale so I'm now looking to replace my POS traxxas 2x4 slash with a Senton BLX..... will be such a huge improvement....

I run the 3.8 Rockbeasts on my Kraton, can't help out regarding 6s though haven't run those yet, but I have the closed cell CI Dueces Wild foams inside mine, mounted on the Axial Raceline wheels, I don't think this would balloon too much, these tires also have reinforcement built into them and the sidewall seems plenty thick (with these foams you'd definitely want to vent the tires they sit fairly tight against the wheel and will block air from moving in or out if the vent holes are on the wheels).

Last edited:

Attachments

• LT3289B_2.jpg
    LT3289B_2.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 59
Yeah, I've heard a lot of that as well, whenever I need another set of these size tires, I think I want to give them a try.

Yeah, that’s the set I’m going with first.

I’ve always been of the belief if it’s a brushless it needs to be bead locked? I’m disregarding that idea with these 6S Arrmas, lol.

$37 a pair you really can't go too wrong. I need to stop at the LHS on my way home from work today. I might see if they have a set

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back