All my tires just RIP....advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
ok here is my fail list of ripped tires I've bought for my Nero & Kraton since July.

Proline SuperSwampers - ripped first run
Shockwaves - ripped on Kraton speed run Friday night.
TrencherX - just ripped yesterday - Sunday
BigJoe2s - not ripped but unbalanced and at full throttle the Kraton rear end wobbles.

Redcat Terremoto MT tires - ripped

I have two SRC terrain crushers but those are strictly for speed runs. I can order two more. But they are not full time tires.

I have some Louise MT Cyclones coming today but I've read they are strictly 4S do my boy will run them on the Kraton with his Lipos.

Can somebody please tell me what tires are good for the Nero and Kraton. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this and am tired of spending big money on tires that just end up being shelf displays.

You should try to tape your tires if you want to run them on 6S.
I know a lot of people use taped Trenchers without problems
Will prevent ballooning a lot and lowers the risk on tearing them significantly.
Only downside is you need to glue them yourself instead of buying premounted sets.

I see you link to some 2.8 wheels and tyres, shouldn't the Kraton and Nero use 3.8 wheels/tyres?

You should try to tape your tires if you want to run them on 6S.
I know a lot of people use taped Trenchers without problems
Will prevent ballooning a lot and lowers the risk on tearing them significantly.
Only downside is you need to glue them yourself instead of buying premounted sets.

I see you link to some 2.8 wheels and tyres, shouldn't the Kraton and Nero use 3.8 wheels/tyres?
All 3.8 bud on 17mm hex. When my super swampers blew - I got two more unassembled and taped the tires. They lasted about two days and ripped just the same. I also tried braided fishing line on the outside - lasted a day or so. I wish they would come out with "6S wheels & Tires that withstand 6S torque". I just don't know what brand makes a set that will last.

Has anyone tried the 3.8 pitbull rock beast XL tires? They have reinforcement built in to under side of the tread.

They sound like crawling tires no?
yes they are but I believe super swamper and trenchers are used for rock crawling. So i don't see why you couldn't use pit bull for bashing. When i bash i go from pavement to dirt, rocks and grass all in one session.
Are you using beadlock wheels?

Last edited:
This may sound silly but you could ease your throttle end point back a tick or two. You're probably not ever going to put all that power on the ground so you may save yourself the frustration of constantly tearing tires by governing the truck. I've never torn one or even pulled one off the wheel because I manage my throttle judiciously. If you have a heavy finger, try setting the truck up to manage it for you.

This may sound silly but you could ease your throttle end point back a tick or two. You're probably not ever going to put all that power on the ground so you may save yourself the frustration of constantly tearing tires by governing the truck. I've never torn one or even pulled one off the wheel because I manage my throttle judiciously. If you have a heavy finger, try setting the truck up to manage it for you.
Mrfurious40k you took the words right out of my mouth.:D

yes they are but I believe super swamper and trenchers are used for rock crawling. So i don't see why you couldn't use pit bull for bashing. When i bash i go from pavement to dirt, rocks and grass all in one session.
Are you using beadlock wheels?

Crawling tires are usually made of a softer rubber compound.
Making them balloon even more on higher speeds, but also wear much faster.

My goodness yes! I will reduce the throttle a bit. So I got a set of Louise Cyclone MTs yesterday and re glued them for extra security and I covered both holes in each wheel with duct tape. I read that some guys poke a hole in the tread but after ripping so many tires - I don't want to do that. Oh yeah - I adjust the throttle until the truck doesn't move - how do I reduce the throttle though?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 93
Crawling tires are usually made of a softer rubber compound.
Making them balloon even more on higher speeds, but also wear much faster.
Yes yonzariq you are 100% correct, but if im not mistaken the tires were talking about are more of an all terrain tire. Most scale crawling tires are designed very soft and for slow crawling rigs. But i feel that in the larger scale rigs the tires have been designed for rock racing and crawling more all terrain (not all but most). Here's more info on the pit bull tires (http://www.pbxrc.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=PB9009ZDK)
Also ive used 3.8 trenchers on my brushless revo with no problems.
Im not a pro, im just speaking from experience and what ive read!

Yes yonzariq you are 100% correct, but if im not mistaken the tires were talking about are more of an all terrain tire. Most scale crawling tires are designed very soft and for slow crawling rigs. But i feel that in the larger scale rigs the tires have been designed for rock racing and crawling more all terrain (not all but most). Here's more info on the pit bull tires (http://www.pbxrc.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=PB9009ZDK)
Also ive used 3.8 trenchers on my brushless revo with no problems.
Im not a pro, im just speaking from experience and what ive read!

Ahhh yes, it seems they meen the tires are not for scalers but have a scale appearance as they also have a 1:1 equivalent, which most RC tires have not :)

I'm still running stock tires and bash 6s all the time... one came unglued but I took it in and reglue it and check them after every run and glue any small place that's even looking like it is coming unglued... so far so good and of you keep ripping tires then your doing it wrong... any truck will rip big soft off road tires going 54mph top end, get some good tires good closed cell foams and I hate tapping tires. I have ran stock tires maybe you should Try badlands I run them on the kraton and that was topping out around 60mph it now has a 17 tooth pinion and I ran trenches on 4s without issues. Big soft tires will rip very easily. The stock Nero tires work great, if you wanna go fast get the terrain crushers they are belted on off road tires.

This was really being new to the hobby. I also am learning how to jump and flip and land. I love the big joe2s and Trencher Xs (- until they blew. )for landing jumps. I am ordering sets of minokawas & copperheads from Dboots.

I have them, they are tall tires... ballounnnnnnnn too!! :-( more for crawling and slow ride
I will keep the big MT wheels like my trencherX, bigjoe2s and Louise Cyclones for mud and snow. For now going back to stock DBoots sand scorpions & minokawas. I just ordered the big rock set too. Just ordered a second jump ramp...

Attachments

• IMG_3272.JPG
    IMG_3272.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3231.JPG
    IMG_3231.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3256.JPG
    IMG_3256.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 69
I have them, they are tall tires... ballounnnnnnnn too!! :-( more for crawling and slow ride
Thanks for the info, i just ordered some and would hate to have ruined them!

What about proline sand tires? Or rc4wd rock crushers, rok lox, or mud slingers?
Would any of these tires handle 6s?
I would like tires that give me lots of clearance for rock racing & sand dunes.

Thanks for the info, i just ordered some and would hate to have ruined them!

What about proline sand tires? Or rc4wd rock crushers, rok lox, or mud slingers?
Would any of these tires handle 6s?
I would like tires that give me lots of clearance for rock racing & sand dunes.

Go for the Sand Paddle in the sand dunes... For Crawling, I have two sets : Rock Beast and the Summit 1/10 ( I think it's Geolander 3.8 or something like that... don't remember the name...)... the summit tires are really good for climbing too... they are very smooth... I like both sets... if you are looking for higher clearance, RockBeast... they are almost an inch higher OD... but remember... higher truck = higher center of gravity... not the best set up for when you want to go rock/hill climb... that's my opinion :) enjoy the ride!!

I will keep the big MT wheels like my trencherX, bigjoe2s and Louise Cyclones for mud and snow. For now going back to stock DBoots sand scorpions & minokawas. I just ordered the big rock set too. Just ordered a second jump ramp...
hey Julian I know this reply is late but I turned my tires inside out an glued fishing line around the inside about 8-10 rotations and then glued gorilla tape on top of the line ,turned them back inside an installed the foam an glued the tires on an shaped them by hand rolling them. I let the glue set for 24 hours . an I taped the holes on the wheels from water an dirt. only 2 tires were off balance so I balanced them.
I never had another problem from my nero tires, an I run 23t pinion an stock spur..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back