All my wife wants for Christmas is a cricut machine thing…(help?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
All my wife wants for Christmas is a cricut machine thing.

Do any of y’all have any suggestions from personal experience? $500 or less, if possible, is my price range… I think. Or would like to think.

I know nothing about these things but my wife is an IT person. She doesn’t know which one to get but she knows how to use them. So I am flying blind but need to eventually turn the wheel over to someone who knows how to fly, while not looking like a goof in the process. I must pick out a decent plane.

Do any of y’all have any suggestions from personal experience? $500 or less, if possible, is my price range… I think. Or would like to think.

I know nothing about these things but my wife is an IT person. She doesn’t know which one to get but she knows how to use them. So I am flying blind but need to eventually turn the wheel over to someone who knows how to fly, while not looking like a goof in the process. I must pick out a decent plane.

I actually bought one for my mom a few years ago for Christmas. I totally forget what I paid for it but apparently you'll be happy too cause that thing can cut custom stickers which you could use on your RC's.
But other than that I'm sorry I don't have much info. I do know I bought what my small research online said to be one of the better ones (review wise).

My wife has the Cricut air 2 and she loves it. I’m pretty sure it was under 400. I think she got it a Michael’s. Found it! Here it is. And it’s Bluetooth
4C27805E-C948-43F4-9A72-D7AD4D81CE06.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey there, my wife’s got a Cricut also I believe it’s the maker . She loves it…I have had her make me a chassis protector for my 6s Kraton
I’m trying to get her to make some decals that are RC size, she made the stencils I used to give my ramp some character 🤣
I’ll ask her more about it when we get home from work 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Just remember to get a roll or two of vinyl decal material to go with it, that way she can "practice" by making you stickers. :)
Yeah I’m gonna try to get a complete set up so her and her daughter to just go to town on it. I understand they can do more than just stickers though so I want look into one of those.
Hey there, my wife’s got a Cricut also I believe it’s the maker . She loves it…I have had her make me a chassis protector for my 6s Kraton
I’m trying to get her to make some decals that are RC size, she made the stencils I used to give my ramp some character 🤣
I’ll ask her more about it when we get home from work 🤘🏻🤘🏻
Thank you! Please do.
My wife has the Cricut air 2 and she loves it. I’m pretty sure it was under 400. I think she got it a Michael’s. Found it! Here it is. And it’s Bluetooth View attachment 178872
Thank you very much! you have officially started me off on my research 😃

Yeah I’m gonna try to get a complete set up so her and her daughter to just go to town on it. I understand they can do more than just stickers though so I want look into one of those.

Thank you! Please do.

Thank you very much! you have officially started me off on my research 😃
The nice part about that machine is that I can send a pic to my wife’s phone and give her the dimensions of the size and she has it done in a couple minutes👍🏼 The only other advice i have is to get her the precision cutting blades. They make a huge difference in the longevity of smooth cuts. She used to buy greeting cards constantly.. now, after she got tuned in to it she makes some pretty incredible card and a ton of other stuff.

Just bought one for my daughter. She is doing graphic design
It’s a Christmas present.
What kind??
The nice part about that machine is that I can send a pic to my wife’s phone and give her the dimensions of the size and she has it done in a couple minutes👍🏼 The only other advice i have is to get her the precision cutting blades. They make a huge difference in the longevity of smooth cuts. She used to buy greeting cards constantly.. now, after she got tuned in to it she makes some pretty incredible card and a ton of other stuff.
That is pretty much what she’s looking for. Her 8 year old daughter also. All I want out of this is occasional requested stickers of one sort or another. And eventually a 3-D printer thing that they figure out how to use and I just provide the file 😆

My wife has also made some designs on the Cricut…then takes out the pieces u don’t need for decals I think it’s called weeding 🤤
She also has the Cricut easy press for heat transfer stuff…she got other accessories & a printer that does something called diesupplimation(probably not spelled right)
It’s pretty cool cuz she permanently mark ceramic mugs & shirts with patterns off that printer…so I don’t get too much flack when I bring home another RC because I don’t say anything about the amount of her Cricut stuff 🤘🏻🤘🏻

My wife has also made some designs on the Cricut…then takes out the pieces u don’t need for decals I think it’s called weeding 🤤
She also has the Cricut easy press for heat transfer stuff…she got other accessories & a printer that does something called diesupplimation(probably not spelled right)
It’s pretty cool cuz she permanently mark ceramic mugs & shirts with patterns off that printer…so I don’t get too much flack when I bring home another RC because I don’t say anything about the amount of her Cricut stuff 🤘🏻🤘🏻
That’s what I’m talking about👍🏼👍🏼

I have one of those they are pretty cool. No idea how much they are but also factor in the cost of the vinyl you'll need, cutting mat, blade, and other necessary items for it.

My wife has one, says the Cricut Maker 3 and to get the scoring tool, several mats as there's different stickness and sizes. A set of markers if she's gonna use it to write script. And do not get the 'joy' products as they do not fit properly.

My wife has one, says the Cricut Maker 3 and to get the scoring tool, several mats as there's different stickness and sizes. A set of markers if she's gonna use it to write script. And do not get the 'joy' products as they do not fit properly.
Oh yeah and a weeding tool for after cutting.

Its been several years since my wife said the exact same thing. But after doing some extensive research, I made an executive decision and bought her a Silhouette Cameo. There are newer versions of both now, so, I can't say with certainty that the Silhouette is still the better machine. I would at least recommend doing a bit of research and advising that there are other machines out there that are similar and possibly even better. She still uses her Cameo & loves it. One of the pros to the Silhouette is the price. Another is the software. Check them out before making your final decision. Good luck!

Yeah…there lies my hidden motive 🤣 Honestly though, my wife has never made a squawk about any of the RC stuff I get. She supports it. She actually understands I need a hobby like this. So I’m gonna get her whenever she wants for ChristmasBecause she doesn’t seem to want much cept a cricut. However, her daughter just informed me yesterday that she wants the machine thing that makes toys so she can make a monster truck trophy for her RC car ‘tiny truck’ ( Bezgar 1/20, Perhaps one of the most fun and tough little cars I’ve ever gotten). I told her I want a 3-D printer also but it’ll have to wait a bit.
Its been several years since my wife said the exact same thing. But after doing some extensive research, I made an executive decision and bought her a Silhouette Cameo. There are newer versions of both now, so, I can't say with certainty that the Silhouette is still the better machine. I would at least recommend doing a bit of research and advising that there are other machines out there that are similar and possibly even better. She still uses her Cameo & loves it. One of the pros to the Silhouette is the price. Another is the software. Check them out before making your final decision. Good luck!
Thank you! This is the very beginning of my research. Since I know absolutely nothing about them I got to start somewhere. So any opinions help. I’ll absolutely check both those out.
OK, got it I’ll definitely check that out. Thank you so much!
You know, I just thought they made stickers and similar. Did not realize they can do all those things! I can totally get into this, thanks!!
Thanks guys! This is what I was hoping for, a couple of brands to check out and some thing I didn’t expect was to find out they can do so much more than just make stickers. Now I’m really excited about this.

If anybody else has any other suggestions please send them. I greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back