All my wife wants for Christmas is a cricut machine thing…(help?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between the Cameo 4 and original Cricut 🤔
Leaning towards the Cricut.

I went with the cricut 3 😃 The more I research this thing and others like it the more I realize that’s gonna be a freaking blast for all of us. Next up will be all the crap that we need for it. And then I’m going to get a big fancy press thing we can do mugs, cup, T-shirts, hoodies and all that crap. But that’s a whole other research project.

Eventually this is all leading to a 3-D printer. That I will really get excited about and will a ton more research on. Once my wife finish recovering from her surgeries, my foot heals (sitting here at the Orthapedic now) and we get things more settled with the kid…I’m going to turn half the garage into a shop 😍

B621A997-7C88-4F7C-851D-85F5BA59D521.png

I went with the cricut 3 😃 The more I research this thing and others like it the more I realize that’s gonna be a freaking blast for all of us. Next up will be all the crap that we need for it. And then I’m going to get a big fancy press thing we can do mugs, cup, T-shirts, hoodies and all that crap. But that’s a whole other research project.

Eventually this is all leading to a 3-D printer. That I will really get excited about and will a ton more research on. Once my wife finish recovering from her surgeries, my foot heals (sitting here at the Orthapedic now) and we get things more settled with the kid…I’m going to turn half the garage into a shop 😍

View attachment 179464

Waiting for the final batch of miscellaneous crap to arrive and then we’re gonna set this thing up and get working. While my wife and kid do their sticker stuff and what not, I got a roll of paint masking material for my next RC body painting attempt.

Somebody mentioned that their wife made them a chassis protector using one also. I’m going start looking for a suitable material because I like that idea. I wonder what material T-bones uses for their chassis protectors. Some kind of nylon plastic composite stuff?

And here I thought I was just getting a present for my wife and kid… 🤣

My wife has the Cricut Maker. It is like a little C&C machine for vinyl. I use it to make t-shirts for me and my boys. She uses it to put their names on water bottles and other school stuff. The program is fairly intuitive- I was able to figure it out without instructions...

My wife has the Cricut Maker. It is like a little C&C machine for vinyl. I use it to make t-shirts for me and my boys. She uses it to put their names on water bottles and other school stuff. The program is fairly intuitive- I was able to figure it out without instructions...

I ended up getting her a cricut three and I am slowly getting together the incredible amount of stuff that goes with it. Next I’ll be researching shirt presses and mug presses…I’m getting in to this and want to make stuff!

We have the shirt press, but it isn't really necessary. An iron works fine. The shirt press is just more convenient because it covers a larger area.

We have the shirt press, but it isn't really necessary. An iron works fine. The shirt press is just more convenient because it covers a larger area.

I’m looking at a Tusy in a couple months for shirts etc. Then a separate mug, cup and plate press. Also a lazer color printer. Much of is next years plan though, eventually leading up to a 3D printer.

I really appreciate the thoughts and advice everybody gave me as I worked on this Christmas project for my family. The Cricut is fully set up now and I’ve managed to get many of the bits and pieces and tons of supplies (around $900 in now).

Last night I watched my wife and her daughter work on the machine for an hour. They were both so happy and are making the coolest things! As I was taking pictures I almost cried it felt so good watching them.

One cool thing I found is a cricut material for making paint masking things. I’ve got two car bodies to work on in the coming months and am excited about making stencils and masks for it. They can also make just about any sticker that I want, which is very cool.

I love my fuzzy haired wife (it’s growing in nicely after chemo) and her crazy kid!

E0BB1776-AD88-44EE-A4BE-45063EF76B54.jpeg

DBBC47C1-AD9A-4BAF-A702-72100A86C6E1.jpeg

Glad to hear the wife is liking the Circuit so much @Velodromed. Funny thing is mine has expressed interest in one as well and seeing your feedback I think I'll get the Circuit 3 too.

She loves it and is already turning out interesting things with the kid. Considering how there’s some applications for my interests… it’s kind of a win-win 😃
Next up is heat pressing equipment for clothing and mugs etc.

That’s is so awesome seeing pictures of those 2 enjoying time well spent!! What kinda of material is the stuff to make paint mask? Thanks

It’s a cricut brand… I haven’t used it yet but plan to in the near future. I think we got it at Michael’s, they had a one day 40% off so we stocked up on some stuff. Most of what we get is on Amazon tho.

6AB151C7-C258-4D02-BFE8-5FF59B28EC64.jpeg

22190712-3E0E-41BF-B1DD-B28A92CCE45D.jpeg

It’s a cricut brand… I haven’t used it yet but plan to in the near future. I think we got it at Michael’s, they had a one day 40% off so we stocked up on some stuff. Most of what we get is on Amazon tho.

6AB151C7-C258-4D02-BFE8-5FF59B28EC64.jpeg

22190712-3E0E-41BF-B1DD-B28A92CCE45D.jpeg
And yes it is!! Very nice feeling it is ❤️

View attachment 186067

View attachment 186068

And yes it is!! Very nice feeling it is ❤️
Interesting I’m going show this to wife now. Please make a post if u get to try out
And enjoy the holidays together 🙏🏻

Interesting I’m going show this to wife now. Please make a post if u get to try out
And enjoy the holidays together 🙏🏻

I totally will but it won’t be right away. Too much holiday stuff to deal with and too cold or humid to paint 🙃

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back