All new Traxxas Maxx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched a video on the new 1/7 scale Hobao. I dig the look and don't mind a HCG MT. I'm just not sure about that one. Seems under powered and I'm not liking the vids I've seen of the chassis breaking. That's troubling. I was really hoping the new Arrma was going to be a big MT.
Check out Stephane z youtube channel (@werner sline), he airs that thing out like no one and has just a couple mods, he may be running a 4082 in it but not sure. I’m thinking of the 80% rig and add my own electrics. The 4985 hobbywing motor would be pretty nice in there but a mount would have to be made. Not sure if the frame is wide enough...

I give private lessons. I can PM you my rates. Travel expenses are extra ?
7E213088-B54F-4BA0-92CA-BB036E839DB1.gif

They've been sending you defective parts, so they can fund their own retirement. :LOL:
What a wicked scheme that is ???

Check out Stephane z youtube channel (@werner sline), he airs that thing out like no one and has just a couple mods, he may be running a 4082 in it but not sure. I’m thinking of the 80% rig and add my own electrics. The 4985 hobbywing motor would be pretty nice in there but a mount would have to be made. Not sure if the frame is wide enough...
I've watched his vids and that truck is a beast. He launched it a bunch of times before anything broke. Watching Vas's video though you can see that it needs more power, so the 80% is what I'd do.

I just watched a video on the new 1/7 scale Hobao. I dig the look and don't mind a HCG MT. I'm just not sure about that one. Seems under powered and I'm not liking the vids I've seen of the chassis breaking. That's troubling. I was really hoping the new Arrma was going to be a big MT.
Vas just did a vid on this truck, his 1st run with it. The chassis breaks was with last years truck. The current one has many new changes and new tougher frame. It's actually larger than the last model. I love the looks of it also. Stephane Z beats the crap out of it and it's tough. Some suspension tuning and 500K in center diff and it's a basher. It's my second choice if I don't like the new Arrma large scale for some reason.

Vas just did a vid on this truck, his 1st run with it. The chassis breaks was with last years truck. The current one has many new changes and new tougher frame. It's actually larger than the last model. I love the looks of it also. Stephane Z beats the crap out of it and it's tough. Some suspension tuning and 500K in center diff and it's a basher. It's my second choice if I don't like the new Arrma large scale for some reason.

2 busted chassis.

^^I watched that a while ago. With what they were doing I think pretty much anything would break. I don't like their videos. Call me old but busting up public property is not cool. Like Kevin Talbut but more irresponsible and less taste.

It looked like from Vas’ video that the diffs are way too open out of the box and the shocks are too bouncy. Other than that, I think it looks like a nice rig. I would be interested if I had the space for a monster like that. But if I had the space for it, I would be down.

It looked like from Vas’ video that the diffs are way too open out of the box and the shocks are too bouncy. Other than that, I think it looks like a nice rig. I would be interested if I had the space for a monster like that. But if I had the space for it, I would be down.
Yeah, people are going with 500K in center diff and 100K in front, forgot what was recommended for the rear. The shock fluid OTB is thin, like 35W, so the rear bottoms out, seen recommendations like 60W for shocks. Seen some vids with these changes and truck is so much better. Never seen any broken chassis except from those cats at the skate park.

^^I watched that a while ago. With what they were doing I think pretty much anything would break. I don't like their videos. Call me old but busting up public property is not cool. Like Kevin Talbut but more irresponsible and less taste.
Totally agree. They seem like a bunch of idiots. I only watched because they commented on Vas's video saying they busted 2 chassis. I watched just to see what happened. I'd never sub them
Annoying AF.

Totally agree. They seem like a bunch of idiots. I only watched because they commented on Vas's video saying they busted 2 chassis. I watched just to see what happened. I'd never sub them
Annoying AF.
I could only make it like 40 seconds in and I had to stop.

I like watching RCUnexttuesday as they usually break more sh!t than I do. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

thank for mentioning me !
4985 is overpowered ! and funnily the leopard hobby 4092 1480kv seems more powerfull to me on my CENmaxx truck. the hyper MT2 should not be overloaded with heavy electronics : i prefered a light and powerfull 2200kv and 2 x 3s 6200 lipo
regarding the broken mt2 chassis, i don't understand ! i made all those stunts without troubles !
if someone breaks a chassis, hobao should be contacted for sure for a warranty !

It is, any idiot can destroy a rig by trying to. Arrma is no exception.
Yup its easy to break something when you are trying to. Look at Kevin Talbot's first Kraton video, nose diving on contrete from 20-30 feet in the air is going to break any rc car. How many other people do you see running their trucks like that?

a chassi snapping in half being made of metal im not sure. Of course every rc car if landed on all 4 will mostly survive but a bad landing and your chassi is gone

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back