Kraton All the world is shimming their diffs......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
It appears that the entire world is shimming diffs right now. I've been trying to find team durango diff shims TD310475 but they are simply unavailable anywhere on the planet. Anyone know of a substitute? It's pretty frustrating.

Yep, the Mugen Seiki shims are what I used.
Work great.

How many diffs were you able to shim with this set? Is this enough for all 3?
Yep sure was. This set has a bunch that can work all over the car. The kraton dose come with factory shims but since I was already in there changing the diff fluid I figured why not.

It appears that the entire world is shimming diffs right now. I've been trying to find team durango diff shims TD310475 but they are simply unavailable anywhere on the planet. Anyone know of a substitute? It's pretty frustrating.

I ordered team associated 1/8 scale diff shim kit on ebay it cost 12 bucks and has evrything u need its a 40 piece kit i did feont rear and center diff in my talion

just rebuild all diffs with mugen seiki #E20206. and I thought was better than addin 2 shims on one side and one on the other. the stock shims are .006" thick and the mugen seiki are .011" so one on each side is only .004" thicker than 3 stock shims and everything is even. cant wait to try they feel super smmoth.

Last edited:
Mmhh... inside the diffs they are .20mm , I installed just to show it makes no difference, only one of them and left others intact. The one I installes are .25mm. There is no way it went from .006 to .25mm, the digital caliper does not lie.

.006? Thats WAY TOO THIN.... almunimum paper thin...

Google copy paper thickness and its about .004. I don't think almost paper thin shims will hold the beating of a 6S w a 2050kv.

6 thousand of an inch I'm American

Mmhh... inside the diffs they are .20mm , I installed just to show it makes no difference, only one of them and left others intact. The one I installes are .25mm. There is no way it went from .006 to .25mm, the digital caliper does not lie.

.006? Thats WAY TOO THIN.... almunimum paper thin...

Google copy paper thickness and its about .004. I don't think almost paper thin shims will hold the beating of a 6S w a 2050kv.
talking inches sorry I'm in america

Do you have link to shim kit?

...than 3 stock shims

Where do those 3 stock shims go? Am trying to understand where you did the shimming? Cant find the mugen part you referrnce.

Do you have link to shim kit?

...than 3 stock shims

Where do those 3 stock shims go? Am trying to understand where you did the shimming? Cant find the mugen part you referrnce.

watch this video you will see where shims go.
for the mugen shims look on ebay just search E0206 and you will see them

I know how to build a diff, I wad asking you because if anything they should be 4, not three, one of each side of the cross pin.

And asked about the Mugen where does it say the measurements like you stated.

If you are happy with your diff shims, more power to you.

I know how to build a diff, I wad asking you because if anything they should be 4, not three, one of each side of the cross pin.

And asked about the Mugen where does it say the measurements like you stated.

If you are happy with your diff shims, more power to you.
I used a caliper and micrometer measured them both before installing your always causing problems in threads.

I was just trying to help the person who needed to find shims and imo theses shims using one on each side total 4 is almost same as using total of 6 arrma/team durango shims witch you cant find right now. and 3 was referring to only one shaft not both using arrma/team durango or stock shims.

Last edited:
To only one shaft?

One on each side a total of four, and if using Durango, then should be 8, shouldn't it? two on each side...

Not causing problems, but measurements in the .277 or .184, etc are not standard in RC shims, they are always, .18, .20, .25, whole numbers.
I live in the US as well, and all shims sold in the US are in MM, not standard measurements. I also measured them and turned out to be .20mm for stock ARRMA shims. The same way you state "I am trying to help", you should make it clear about where are those shims, next thing you know someone is just putting 3 on one and leave one blank. Anyway, its unclear the explanation, then you provide a video that's too general.
You are referring to only the larger planetary gear inside the diff, you state three, so I guess its on one side of each of the three diffs. I don't want to do your "shim upgrade", its that your explanation is all over the place and nothing close to been clear.
Not causing problems, even the serial stock number you provided was incorrect.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/97c775parts.html

Under Nitro RCX there are all kinds of shims

http://www.nitrorcx.com/teenrcsppa.html

Select a platform on the top menu, and within each sub-menu of parts list, there will be all kinds of shims at a affordable price.

To only one shaft?

One on each side a total of four, and if using Durango, then should be 8, shouldn't it? two on each side...

Not causing problems, but measurements in the .277 or .184, etc are not standard in RC shims, they are always, .18, .20, .25, whole numbers.
I live in the US as well, and all shims sold in the US are in MM, not standard measurements. I also measured them and turned out to be .20mm for stock ARRMA shims. The same way you state "I am trying to help", you should make it clear about where are those shims, next thing you know someone is just putting 3 on one and leave one blank. Anyway, its unclear the explanation, then you provide a video that's too general.
You are referring to only the larger planetary gear inside the diff, you state three, so I guess its on one side of each of the three diffs. I don't want to do your "shim upgrade", its that your explanation is all over the place and nothing close to been clear.
Not causing problems, even the serial stock number you provided was incorrect.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/97c775parts.html

Under Nitro RCX there are all kinds of shims

http://www.nitrorcx.com/teenrcsppa.html

Select a platform on the top menu, and within each sub-menu of parts list, there will be all kinds of shims at a affordable price.

haha I'm a machinist sorry all my tools at in standard not metric. and you don't have to understand because the comment wasn't directed towards you. and one side was an example but guess you can understand that. seen your name come up in a couple threads not in a good way so just let it go.. and the part number is written right on the label, I google it and ebay searched it it comes right up.

P.S .25 mm is .00984" thousands of an inch.A lot more accurate measurement them millimeters

Last edited:
And I am an astronaut!

Yeah, but if you tell the new guys who are looking for the correct shim .00984" then they will not find it.
The part number was incorrect. All I got to see is this thread how it has missing information, and your writing skills.

For calling yourself an American, you sure are a shame to the English language. The least you can do is show some respect and learn to write your native language.

Two shims on one side, and one in the other! WOW!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back